Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Husk

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
thranarama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: New Husk Reply with quote

I've been testing this deck for Regionals coming up in a little over a month. I figured asking for suggestions is the best thing to do right now because I'm all tapped out for new innovations. Anyway, good or bad, as long as you explain your comments, I don't care. (Most of the cards are self-explanatory, but if you have a question about a card choice, just post it)

Here's my most current list:

// Lands
6 [RAV] Swamp (4)
4 [9E] Plains (1)
1 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 [GP] Godless Shrine
4 [9E] Caves of Koilos
1 [TSB] Pendelhaven

// Creatures
3 [GP] Teysa, Orzhov Scion
4 [9E] Nantuko Husk
4 [TSP] Nether Traitor
4 [GP] Plagued Rusalka
4 [RAV] Dark Confidant
4 [GP] Orzhov Pontiff
2 [GP] Ghost Council of Orzhova
4 [R] Savannah Lions

// Spells
3 [FS] Slaughter Pact
2 [9E] Persecute
3 [GP] Mortify
3 [GP] Castigate

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [GP] Mortify
SB: 3 [9E] Paladin en-Vec
SB: 3 [CS] Jotun Grunt
SB: 3 [DIS] Condemn
SB: 3 [9E] Circle of Protection: Red
SB: 2 [9E] Loxodon Warhammer

I've been having some pretty good success with the deck. The only deck that seems to beat me on a consistent basis is Project X, which is infuriating but irrelevant. I appreciate all help you can give, and to repeat myself, leave explanations with your comments![/u]
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm i'm pretty sure you want to play bridge in this deck.
It's broken with teysa and husky
thranarama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally I would play Bridge, but the fact that it is completely useless unless it is in my graveyard is a huge deterrent.
yavin1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm....i think i would add temporal isolation. it lets yuo have shadowed husk, then sac. slaughter house pact seesm mediocre in this deck because its very expensive
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would you get rid of the isolation?..i think your thinking of auratog...
toguppy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm pact costs 3 and allows him to cast a cerature or a mortify in the same turn wich means faster agro. quite good actually. the only down side is that can only kill non black.
@ dave the whole idea of the t isolation + husk is that it gain shadow... now the t isolation prevents the damage BUT it has to be asigned first. after it is assigned you sac the husk wich means the isolation disapears. the damage is no longer prevented.
bridge would be quite good in this deck except for that nasty graveyard only thing. not to mention plenty of creature removal in teh deck.
the one an only thing i can personally suggest is upping the number of castigates. and adding 1 more ghost council as he is a house vs agro. 3x teysa just aint needed 2 should be fine.
kfcman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daveslusher wrote:
how would you get rid of the isolation?..i think your thinking of auratog...

you put Isolation on Husk and then swing in with shadowed husk. Then put damage on the stack and sac husk to itself so now say u sacced 10 guys you put 22 damage on the stack, then sac the husk. So when the damage resolves isolation isnt preventing damage.
Beastinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Husk Reply with quote

I've tested a similiar deck and isolation is so situational. If you can deal 22 with your husk, you already win the game, especially with teysa. With the removal in the deck and things like teysa and pontiff, the ground stalling, or chump blockers just don't happen. Now, if you have netehr traitor out and you isolate a guy instead of mortifying him, the traitor is now usless except for husk, since he has shadow. You dont want to cut a teysa, because she is good vs control as your black dudes make white dudes when they die. Also, she serves as removal, with sac effects. 3 castigates should be fine with persecutes which have more power versus control, and dstorm is a bad matcup game 1 anyways, i found. Ghost Council may be good versus aggro, but it is not a house. More Ghost Councils, mean drawing 2 at once and playing him with an empty board. Plus, if you didn't notice he has great hate in sideboard for aggro. Keep in mind, that i not only tested the deck, but I tested with a pre FS version on modo, so I have a pretty good idea how it works.
yavin1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Husk Reply with quote

Beastinator wrote:
I've tested a similiar deck and isolation is so situational. If you can deal 22 with your husk, you already win the game, especially with teysa. With the removal in the deck and things like teysa and pontiff, the ground stalling, or chump blockers just don't happen. Now, if you have netehr traitor out and you isolate a guy instead of mortifying him, the traitor is now usless except for husk, since he has shadow. You dont want to cut a teysa, because she is good vs control as your black dudes make white dudes when they die. Also, she serves as removal, with sac effects. 3 castigates should be fine with persecutes which have more power versus control, and dstorm is a bad matcup game 1 anyways, i found. Ghost Council may be good versus aggro, but it is not a house. More Ghost Councils, mean drawing 2 at once and playing him with an empty board. Plus, if you didn't notice he has great hate in sideboard for aggro. Keep in mind, that i not only tested the deck, but I tested with a pre FS version on modo, so I have a pretty good idea how it works.

Obviously you haven't tested isolation AND played it good. They point about isolation is you attach it to husk, giving it shadow, then swing, sac husk to itself, and the dmg isn't prevented anymore. You never attack an isolation to an opponents creature unless in desperate need. Learn to play the card right before you comment on cards. It would be like me basing the worldgorger combo if i didn't know how it was played.
Lackeos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 mana: target creature is unblockable until end of turn. Sacrifice that creature at end of combat.

You're telling me that's good in constructed?

Would you maindeck that? Even though half of the decks in the format don't rely on blockers at all anyway?

Would you sideboard that? Even though there are cards that are better at defeating creature decks?

w/e, play what you want.
Revik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/article/344/the_new_tier_1_bw_teysatraitor.html

Very Happy
Beastinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Husk Reply with quote

yavin1 wrote:
Beastinator wrote:

Obviously you haven't tested isolation AND played it good. They point about isolation is you attach it to husk, giving it shadow, then swing, sac husk to itself, and the dmg isn't prevented anymore. You never attack an isolation to an opponents creature unless in desperate need. Learn to play the card right before you comment on cards. It would be like me basing the worldgorger combo if i didn't know how it was played.

lol, my point is, if your only use for isolation was attachin it to usk, its comepletely useless. Any game u have the loop, you win anyways. You do not lose those games, so taking out something for a "win more" card is pointless. "Win more" cards always seem good because they help you win, when in fact they have no relation to the win.
Egnirys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take out Slaughter Pact for Isolation.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaughter Pact is barely better than Dark Banishing. Temporal Isolation is a better removal spell that costs 1 less mana and every once in a while will double as evasion for your win condition.

And chump blocking won't happen? Have you ever played against TSPS in your life? 12 Goblin tokens aren't going away no matter how much removal you use, unless you get a lucky draw and hit Pontiff EVERY TIME, which I guarantee you won't. Isolation gives you four more outs in that matchup, which is definitely important.
|Friso|

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Mindslicer instead of 2 persecutes and 1 Ohrzov pontiff
3 Temperoral isolation instead of 3 slaughter pact

for Sideboard:
1 catigate instaed of 1 mortify
3 Tormod's crypt (or maybe yixlid jailer) instead of 2 Loxodon warhammer and 1 condemn
...I think Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2