Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is bow now tier 2 at least?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
st4x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: is bow now tier 2 at least? Reply with quote

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/gpkyo07/welcome#1

http://www.magic-league.com/deck/31796/standard_t2.html#Battle%20of%20Wits189

Kazuya Mitamura is 8-0-1 with it at gp kyoto and i got 2nd in trial today with it i think bow is a force to be reckoned with
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOW already was a deck that deserved more consideration than it gets. Any deck that has 4x of a card that reads "If you play this card, you win next turn" at least has a chance to be good, regardless of how many cards it has.

Frankly, the addition of Damnation and Extirpate made the deck all the more viable, in my opinion. The only problem is, it was best against slow stalling decks like Martyrtron, which are no longer as competitive due to, well, Extirpate. Against Dragonstorm and agro, it remains to be seen if it will have a fast enough clock to do well. I think so, but who knows?
dsad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's always been good, but don't plan on seeing it like Dralnu in real life. Trust me, after one day of shuffling 300 cards you'll never want to do it again.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azuRE wrote:
it's always been good, but don't plan on seeing it like Dralnu in real life. Trust me, after one day of shuffling 300 cards you'll never want to do it again.

If I won a nice tournament with it, I wouldn't care if I had to shuffle dirty hypodermic needles.
Middleman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if it actually wins the GP.....
dsad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how Naoki is undefeated. He always plays that deck online and gets pounded ;\
Tropic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be cool if his deck was in hard topper sleeves. Very Happy
TD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle of Wits is one of those decks that could always be one of the best decks around, but no one will ever know for a variety of reasons:

1) Expense. As bad as Zoo is, BoW is worse.
2) Unwieldyness. Shuffling the deck is absurdly difficult.
3) Testing. Its nearly impossible to test the deck enough to optimize it, or to tell just how good it is.

Basically, it could be great, but I doubt it will ever take over.
Avata

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonicqaz wrote:

If I won a nice tournament with it, I wouldn't care if I had to shuffle dirty hypodermic needles.

QFT. Who says, "Well, I just won a $1000 cash tournament with BoW, but man, all that shuffling! I'm not doing that again!"
Thorns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tropic wrote:
it would be cool if his deck was in hard topper sleeves. Very Happy

This guy at my FNM used to play a 300 card BoW deck in top loaders, but then top loaders got the boot by the DCI so he had to take all the cards out and put them in flexible sleeves Twisted Evil
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play BOW as a casual deck but it is getting pretty decent with so many tutors for cards and creature control the deck is pretty good!

vodka
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganzu wrote:
A guy in my play test group won one FNM and always makes it to finals with his BoW deck which hes played every FNM since our metagame became all control and 3 Project X players.

See BoW loses horribly to aggro. Our play test group has proven it. Boros, MGA, Dredge, and etc. just destory it.

In your testing have you seen BOW to walk over combo or control?
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoW has done very well against control for me, but it loses to Dragonstorm most of the time.

The thing is, sometimes you just get those games where you cast BoW on turn 4 with a signet and you win.

I have been playing with the GP list with a 1 card change, and it's funny how often you will win just by drawing it. I topdecked it with a Demonic Collusion in hand a few games ago on turn four with a signet on the table.
Kytep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG - Not only do you have to shuffle 300-odd cards every game, with all of the tutors (and tutors for tutors - e.g., House Guard for Diabolic Tutor), you've got to be shuffling those 300 cards at least 5 or more times a game, I would think!! Forget the effort for a minute - just think of how much time that would take! If chess clocks are ever introduced, BOW is toast, at least in real-life play.

Kytep
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1