Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flagstones of Trokair

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Flagstones of Trokair Reply with quote

Simple question I think Smile

If I put the second Flagstone into play (either I have another or my opponent -- doesn't matter) and I retrieve a Hallowed Fountain can I pay 2 life and untap it?
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you can't. I think you can still pay 2 life but it doesn't untap.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most frustrating thing in the world. People - take note of this answer.

NO YOU CAN'T.

And the reason should be obvious and I shouldn't have to explain it to everyone. Flagstones puts it into play tapped. Fountain says it comes into play "tapped instead" if you don't pay the two life. Therefore, if you pay the two life for Fountain, it doesn't come into play tapped from its own ability, BUT IT DOES from Flagstones ability! Nowhere does it say on Fountain that you can pay two life to put it into play untapped if it would come into play tapped from somewhere else!
mickg42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does flagstone still working with blood moon on the board?
kfcman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickg42 wrote:
does flagstone still working with blood moon on the board?

do mountains say :
When Flagstones of Trokair is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your library for a Plains card and put it into play tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.

no soooo,
to answer ur question
no
aldaryn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, with Blood Moon in play...side question here... I know you don't fetch stuff...but are they "Legendary Mountains" or do they lose that supertype? Also, do the shocklands still come into play tapped with Blood Moon out since they are still "coming into play" and not "in play" as Mountains? Or does Blood Moon affect cards in hand, even if they aren't in play?
CrippleFight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since land doesnt use the stack, can i float ww or just w off the original flagstone before the legend trigger sends them to the bin?
ringman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
owever, with Blood Moon in play...side question here... I know you don't fetch stuff...but are they "Legendary Mountains" or do they lose that supertype? Also, do the shocklands still come into play tapped with Blood Moon out since they are still "coming into play" and not "in play" as Mountains? Or does Blood Moon affect cards in hand, even if they aren't in play?

they dont lose the supertype of being legendary
so theyll both fdie if u play them but u wont get any lands since they are mountains.
Laplie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrippleFight wrote:
since land doesnt use the stack, can i float ww or just w off the original flagstone before the legend trigger sends them to the bin?

no you can, players don't get priority before they are put in grave (state based effect)

Quote:
Btw they DON'T loose the non-basic supertype (nice with Dryad Sophisticate).

there is no such thing as a "nonbasic supertype". Lands without the "Basic" supertype are nonbasic.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no such thing as a "nonbasic supertype". Lands without the "Basic" supertype are nonbasic.
-------------------------------------------------------

true, but they do not gain the 'basic' supertype, so it all works out.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1