Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swerve And Target Opponent

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Mau07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Swerve And Target Opponent Reply with quote

If my opp plays a Target opponent card, such as Cruel ultimatum, can i redirect it With Swerve Or Ricochet Trap?
Thanks
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short Answer: No
Since your opponent remains the controller of the spell and he can't be his own opponent.

This would work in a Multiplayergame though, since there are more opponentes, of your opponent.
mchild80

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is no. Swerve (and other cards like it) can't be used to redirect a spell that targets opponents because the person casting the spell is not "the opponent" for the spell cast. You are their opponent. They are not their own opponent and that is the reason why you can't target them. Hope that helps.
Mau07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty sure it wasnt possible, but thanks for confirming it
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won a trial recently, and don't know this? Fail Mau07, just fail! Mr. Green
Mau07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ussualy dont use this kind of cards, but since i won the trial, now im looking for a standar deck to play and i want to know this little things, im not an active player, im actually in a sabatic week , on monday i have to start studying again ^^.
Az-cz
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can swerve it. You just need to be playing a multiplayer game.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1