Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Jund list, Post Wwk. Suggestions wanted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: New Jund list, Post Wwk. Suggestions wanted Reply with quote

This is my take on Jund after Worldwake, heres the list below. Under the list I have how i went with grix, I had a few more games wrote down buy my wife threw them away cleaning.

2 [M10] Rootbound Crag
2 [WWK] Raging Ravine
3 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
1 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
2 [UG] Swamp
4 [UG] Mountain
4 [UG] Forest

3 [M10] Master of the Wild Hunt
1 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
2 [WWK] Wolfbriar Elemental
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
1 [M10] Borderland Ranger

3 [ARB] Terminate
2 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
4 [ALA] Blightning
3 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [WWK] Explore

SB: 2 [ON] Smother
SB: 4 [US] Duress
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
SB: 2 [ALA] Jund Charm

Agains't Grix Control, he was playing the new Jace, Treasure hunt and besides that it was a pretty basic Grix list. First couple of turns pretty boring he got off a treasure, afterwards he countered my first Blightning, passed the turn he tapped out to play Jace he looked at the top card of his lib Eot I bolted it. (Pretty sure he shouldn't have tapped out) During my turn, I got off a blightning and bolted the now dead jace. During his town he dropped another jace and passed the turn, my I dropped a double kicked woldbrair elemental and dropped a lavaclaw and passed the turn. His turn he bounced a wolf token and ended his turn. My turn i pulsed his jace and it was game, a few turns of my swinging and with my lands and woldbrair for the win

Game 2
I sided in 4x Duress, and 4x Ruinblaster, sided out 2x Bituminous Blast 3x Terminate and 3x Pulses. I don't know if that was the correct sb or not, I'm open to suggestions and better sideboarding plans. Game two he opened up with a duress, it missed. After i few turns i dropped a ruinblaster he countered it, next turn i drew a duress, got one of his flashfreeze and was able to drop bloodbraid elf, i cascaded into a explore. Didn't have any lands in my hand but i drew one. (GG deck) I attacked him and bought him down too 17. During his town he dropped a Jace and bolted my Elf and brainstormed. My Turn i Dropped another Bloodbraid elf and cascaded into a thrinx swung with the elf and attacked his jace, afterwards i bolted his jace.
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by Joby_Turk on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking this list, i playtested Abyssal Persecutor in my list but didn't really like it. The man lands in jund are freaking amazing, i find myself winning more with those then creatures usually. The synergy between Wolfbrair Elemental and Master of the wild hunt is good and goes really well with this deck. I'm thinking of adding Trace Of Abundance in it to protect my man lands. If anyone wants to know how my deck did against a specific match up i'll post what i remember of it and if i haven't played against it, i would love to playtest with someone
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where's the putrid leech?
the card's already broken, and with WWK it becomes even more so if you add basilisk collar.

physical mana ramp doesn't mix with cascade. the fact that you landed an explore doesn't help you very much at all. BBE becomes good when it gets you a 2 for 1 for 4 mana... which doesn't always happen when you do that with this deck.

why do you need borderland ranger? with 26 mana in the deck, you won't really need much mana fixing. in fact, 24 land should be enough with the mana curve you have.

what's up with wolfbriar elemental? you're not heavy green enough to be able to reliably cascade him. broodmate better serves in that slot for the flying at the same effeciency level, and you don't have to worry about losing half your power to a pyroclasm.

i'd say...
-1 borderland ranger
-3 explore
-2 wolfbriar elemental
-1 mountain
-1 forest
+1 broodmate dragon
+4 putrid leech
+3 basilisk collar
Sigil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with xSNACKSx. Wolfbriar is awesome, no doubt, but in Jund it's probably bad. I'd go with the Broodmate again, maybe Abyssal. One-of Abyssal I like.

Lavaclaw reaches is IMHO the worst dual man-land, and as was stated in a different forum, Jund has too many EtB tapped land as is. The raging ravine is powerful enough to make it, but honestly, Dragonskull summit is probably better for jund than lavaclaw.
Darkblast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: My playtesting with Jund Reply with quote

I have been doing some fairly extensive testing with my own jund list and have found the persecutor to be just monstrous. I run 4 and before you criticize, I have never once in about 40 games had the problem of killing it when my opponent is at 0 before they kill me. I run 4 maindeck pulses so running out 2 or even three is not usually a problem (3 terminates too, I dropped bit blast and am still seeing how it runs). I run rampant growth in my list as a x3 and turn 3 persecutor against elves or when they don't have a removal at that moment is crushing, if not then they don't save their removal for my siege-gangs and broodmates later on. Nothing really too different from your list except the persecutor and I don't run Master, I find him very slow and plodding. Feels good when you get them to leave him for 3-4 turns, but then again, which would you rather stick, a master or a persecutor? (hint- 3 turns of unmolested persecutor deals 12 trampling flying damage.)
Also tested the elemental, found him just as slow as the master and maybe even worse cause although he feels great when you have 8 mana, think that 6 of that needs to be green to kick him enough to make him really crazy, and I believe that is too great a green requirement for a tri-color deck. Kicking him once or twice is just a probably worse siege-gang, and with master out he is just upgrades to a swingy cheeper siege-gang for two cards and locks down a number of your creatures each turn.
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to cut Lavaclaw Reaches for the 4x Dragonskull Summit and add another Raging Ravine in place rootbound. The reason of using Wolfbriar is that I'm using more green then black, I never had any problems for double kicking wolfbriar specially nice playing master of the hunt then next turn double kicking usually able to kill any creature. I don't know what i would take out for persecutor, i thought about putting it in the sb for creature heavy decks
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the deck after changes, toke out 1 land realized everything i was casting was 4 or less mana. Added Abyssal, just played against traditional jund. Game 1 we traded spells back and forth it cam down to me at 2 with him having a dragon token into play and him at 6, i had a blightning in my hand and top decked a lightning bolt. Lucky much? xD Game i sided out 3x pulses and 3 Abyssasls w/ him and i having alot of the same creatures figured it would be a save bet and the persecutors are really good against aggro decks. Sided in 4 ruinblasters and 2 smothers.

1 [M10] Rootbound Crag
3 [WWK] Raging Ravine
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
2 [UG] Swamp
3 [UG] Mountain
4 [UG] Forest

3 [M10] Master of the Wild Hunt
2 [WWK] Wolfbriar Elemental
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
1 [M10] Borderland Ranger
3 [WWK] Abyssal Persecutor

4 [ARB] Terminate
4 [ALA] Blightning
3 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [WWK] Explore
Shinato

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you probably can't beat WWg without Master of the Wild Hunt. Also Jund without Bituminous Blast usually sucks.
Nevian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the amount of Shroud creatures blue is getting Bituminous Blast is getting less and less powerful. It cannot take out Abyssal or BaneSlayer either. I am not a fan of the explores, master of the hunt or the wolfbriar elementals. I am a fan of the more classic jund, with Putrid Leech and Broodmate Dragons. With allys Jund Charm may even become useful again. I forgot to mention Knight of the Reliquary gaining some ground too. Fetch lands has only made him better.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will people realize rampant growth doesn't belong to jund? Same with explore, although it's not as bad. And also: when will people realize Abyssal Persecutor sucks? Once upon a time a 6/6 flier for 4 would be insane. Nowadays? If it bothers them they will kill it and if they have something like Wall of Denial it does nothing! And because it's a demon it's not only wall of denial that owns him, it's also baneslayer. And comparing to baneslayer which ramdomly wins you games this guy randomly loses you games. It's not unplayable but right now it's pretty bad with baneslayer and wall of denial in T2. Maybe in the future it will be better but it will never be as insane and everyone is hyping it. It is the lotus cobra of the set (and I'm probably insulting lotus cobra which at least is a bear and doesn't randomly loses you games and actually randomly wins you games).
Bantos86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:
When will people realize rampant growth doesn't belong to jund? Same with explore, although it's not as bad. And also: when will people realize Abyssal Persecutor sucks? Once upon a time a 6/6 flier for 4 would be insane. Nowadays? If it bothers them they will kill it and if they have something like Wall of Denial it does nothing! And because it's a demon it's not only wall of denial that owns him, it's also baneslayer. And comparing to baneslayer which ramdomly wins you games this guy randomly loses you games. It's not unplayable but right now it's pretty bad with baneslayer and wall of denial in T2. Maybe in the future it will be better but it will never be as insane and everyone is hyping it. It is the lotus cobra of the set (and I'm probably insulting lotus cobra which at least is a bear and doesn't randomly loses you games and actually randomly wins you games).

Wall of Denial also stops Baneslayer. I guess everyone needs to stop using Baneslayer then.

And Baneslayer also stops Sphinx of Jwar Isle, so I guess the Sphinx is worthless too.

You know what you do when they put down a Wall on turn 3?

Not play Persecutor turn 4, like an idiot.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantos86 wrote:
TugaChampion wrote:

Wall of Denial also stops Baneslayer. I guess everyone needs to stop using Baneslayer then.

And Baneslayer also stops Sphinx of Jwar Isle, so I guess the Sphinx is worthless too.

You know what you do when they put down a Wall on turn 3?

Not play Persecutor turn 4, like an idiot.

Cool! I love having dead cards in my hand! Maybe I'll even play blightning targeting myself discarding 2 persecutors!

Seriously, are you trying to look stupid? Wall doesn't stop baneslayer to the same point it stops persecutor. You can still gain life and you don't have a permanent doing nothing but stopping you from winning the game. And about Sphinx: lol! Baneslayer does stop it, however Sphinx can't be killed by most removal and makes you know your next draw (and maybe shuffle it with a fetch). But if you want to play a bad card that's fine by me. It will only mean I'll be on the winning side more often!
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between persecutor and wall and baneslayer and wall is that black has a lot more ways to kill the wall. It probably does screw baneslayer over more.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by "a lot more ways to kill the wall" you mean gatekeeper of malakir, that's just 1 way. And you need to be monoblack for that. And don't even talk about the 3/1 guy that makes both players sac a creature. If I need to play such a bad card to be able to play persecutor I can assure you: it's not worth it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2