Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Persistant Cascade

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Pluto

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Persistant Cascade Reply with quote

Having lots of fun with this deck. Inspired by porting Flores cascade deck with a G/W aggro deck: Hence Persistent + Cascade

4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Karplusian Forests
4 Forests
2 Mountains
1 Swamp
1 Plains
1 Brushland
1 Reflecting Pool
4 Vivid Lands

3 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Anjani Vengent
4 Bit Blast
4 BloodBraid Elves
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Safehold Elites
2 Heartmenders
4 Enlisted Wurms
4 Volcanic Fallout
4 Fertile Ground
2 Rampant Growth
2 Shield of Oversouls

SB: No clue yet

Ok Flores noted that Bloodbraid into Kitchen fink is like getting 3 creatures and 4 life for 4 mana - since Kitchen has persist.
And I loved a MTGO deck that used all G/W creatures packed with persist creatures and shield.
Mix and voila!

I upped the cascade creatures by dumping out the cavaliers and the wilt-lief. So now when you cascade you usually hit a persist creature and almost always get 3-1 advantage.

You can fallout away and your creature survive (smaller) and then rush in.

My best Cascade yet = Wurm - BitBlast- Bloodbraid - Kitchen/Shield

I know the manabase if iffy to say the least but this is version 1.0. And its been doing REAL well for a 1.0 version.

I would have loved to put redcap in but can't find space. I would like another small creature to go with Elite - but he is AWSOME - don't knock until you try.

The Fertiles and Rampant blow when you cascade into them - but hey I have to play then since almost everything is 4 casting cost and above. Going with the Kowal theory, skip the one drops and play CITP tapped lands and fertile ground to cast big creatures and fallout like crazy.

I was thinking about Windsweapt also - since your creature hang around.

Advice appreciated.
SB is all highlanders as of the moment
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1