Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Black Control type 2 ALA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ved is so on point with his post. Though I would run blue for draw and green for sideboard. So case in point is mono black only works as aggro-control in standard. The deck def needs Phrexian Arena to make it work.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling a Viscera Dragger does not provide card advantage - it replaces itself for 2 mana. That is 1 for 1. Once you Unearth it, it is effectively 2 for 1, but that is not enough either.

Cycling isn't that good. And though the cycling ability is instant speed, playing those spells is at sorcery speed. The truth is that against aggro decks, you can't afford using mana on cycling to get another land - you need the mana to stop them. Unmake is good but it costs 3 and only deals with one creature. It is the only defense you have aside from Stillmoon Cavalier, which also costs 3.

I think you underestimate the opposition. Your deck plays like RDW, except you play 5+ cc spells and cycling instead of burn. You need more defense. Trust me.
Madstrike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this deck would be better with a white splash for mass removal in WoG and also Path to Exile, and whatever could fit in here...
Egnirys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a white splash, you can also add Tidehollow Sculler which fits in well. Also white works with Unmake and Divinity

As for card-drawing, there's Graveborn Muse
It costs more than Arena and easier to kill but it can block in a pinch or attack a little
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that Aggro-Control is the way to go in this format. I forgot to post my updated list.

//NAME: Assassins - R3wind

20 Swamp
4 Mutavault

4 Scarblade Elite
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Murderous Redcap
4 Nekrataal
4 Shriekmaw

4 Thoughtseize
4 Nameless Inversion
4 Bitterblossom
4 Profane Command

SB: 2 Mind Shatter
SB: 2 Loxodon Warhammer
SB: 3 Pithing Needle
SB: 4 Infest
SB: 4 Bottle Gnomes
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Bottle Gnomes slot is a meta call. Sometimes it's Stillmoon or Unmake. Distress at one time was in that slot as well. Right now Bottle Gnomes is the right call.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3