Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pushing For D-Strom

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Mute

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Pushing For D-Strom Reply with quote

What do you guys all think of the new D-Storm? Can it be Tier 1? I think it has all the tools to be number one once more. Here's My list tell me what you guys think!

Creatures: 4
4 Bogardan Hellkite

Other Spells: 33
4 Dragonstorm
4 Grape Shot
4 Shock
4 Rift Bolt
4 Incinerate
2 Tarfire
3 Pyromancers Swath
4 Lotus Bloom
4 Rite of Flame

Land: 24
4 Spinerock Knoll
4 Fungal Raches
4 Molten Disaster
4 Karplusan Forest
8 Mountain

Sideboard: 15
4 Dodecapod
3 Wheel of Fate
3 Krosan Grip
3 Sulfurous Blast
2 Empty the Warrens

I added green for use of Krosan grips out of the side, to help me out with pesky little things like Hammers, needles, and story circle. Empty the Warrens and sulfurous blast for aggro, and dodecapod and wheel of fate for discard.

After board this deck can just wreck. Aggro and discard are probably its hardest match ups, but after board, aggro is gg. Discard is still going to be a tough match up for it, but it is way more capable of winning. I stacked it with 7 answers, which i think is plenty to do the job. Write now there isn't much discard in the format, and if there is they are most likley siding it in. Giving advantage to me.

Control decks aren't much of a problem for this deck i think. It is just long and drawn out.

I think this deck can be very viable, just maybe a couple more tweaks and it rears its uggly head again. What can give it the boost? So help me out!!!
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more shard volley.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Needs more shard volley.

After testing, I can say that Shard Volley is not hot in D-Storm. In fact, it's rather poo, I'd usually rather have Shock or Incinerate than it.
Mute

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have tested shard volley, and at best it merits the two slot i have at tarfire. It has helped me pull out some games for sure, but have screwed me just as much. It's a hit or miss card and i would rather take the safe bet.
jazzbat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should cut down to 60 cards instead of 61 for starters, and come up with 4 more land that aren't Molten Disaster (a sorcery, if I recall correctly).
stew19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-2 Tarfire +1 Pyromancer's swath.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...isn't that chapin's list from world's? With like 1 sb change? Originality....ZZZZZZZ, And 61 cards? That why it's the "new" list?
Mute

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why i run sixty one cards. I just have been doing since onslaught came out. Running 61 cards doesn't affect my mana base at all. I don't know why everyone must run 60. That one extra card thats in there, is needed. But it is also first to go for sideboard. 61 is just my thing, and i have never had a problem with it.
Mute

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapin's list from worlds
4 Bogardan Hellkite

4 Dragonstorm
4 Grapeshot
4 Incinerate
4 Lotus Bloom
3 Pyromancer's Swath
3 Rift Bolt
4 Rite of Flame
4 Shock
2 Tarfire

4 Fungal Reaches
4 Molten Slagheap
12 Snow-Covered Mountain
4 Spinerock Knoll

Sideboard:
2 Ancient Grudge
4 Dodecapod
2 Empty the Warrens
2 Ignite Memories
3 Sulfurous Blast
2 Wheel of Fate

The only difference in mainboard is i have 1 more rift bolt and 4 karplusan forests. There similar for sure. But i like where i have arrivived with my list so far because green can add so much more to this deck. I am testing still, but birds might be a fun option to boost my mana acc.
DaveK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't treat him seriously. Seriously.
Ownj00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mute:

birds are terrible.

61 cards in this deck is terrible.

just run chapin's list with maybe 2 shard volleys for 2 tarfires. definately not more then one or two volleys tho.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love how you think your the first person to add green to dstorm but its been done so many times.
Femt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and G on D-storm sucks ass
dont do this, its ogre stuf
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1