Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Decade for Music

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

Best Decade For Music?
Pre 1950's
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
1950's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1960's
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
1970's
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
1980's
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
1990's
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 30

brottor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Metallica has multiple decades under their belt it's hard to choose.

I'll have to say the 80's for ...And Justice For All, and Ride the Lightning.

But overall...the 90's, definately. Music as a whole took whole new hights from many bands during the 90's.
Nether

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Music taste aside Reply with quote

I'm a Radio DJ so I might know a thing or two about music. All the decades had their good and their bad, the 70's were by far the worst in my opinion, followed close by the 90's. The 50's were very influencial to the rest of the decades introducing "r and b" thanks in part to The King. The 80's were a strange strange decade. It had its good music, and then it had its bad. It's good was really good, and it's bad was well really really bad. That leaves us with the 60's. The start of a new era in bands, with the best selling band of all-time, the Beatles.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's a close call between the 80's and 90's.
Heavy Metal really took and stand and really developed in the 80's, with the only crap adding to that was the image of the 80's band (the hair band).
90's just had a lot of kewl stuff I liked Razz
- Bejeezus
gnr61

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
gnr61 wrote:
MTV didn't kill music. MTV is harmless by itself. Idiots that enjoyed MTV and used it as an influence in creating music killed it.

So who is responsible for making bands create bad music? MTV, therefore it killed music Razz

Touche Smile

however idiots have been making bad music long before MTV **cough**thebeatles**cough**

MTV is simply responsible for serving as an influence to a whole new generation of idiots, who probably would have found a way to kill music eventially on their own Very Happy
Thorns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHenderson wrote:
Wow, no one voted for the 60's? I guess Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead and the Beatles are trash then..... Sad

EDIT: and the modular synthesizer in fact, was invented in the 60's.

Pink Floyd was with no doubt founded in the 60's, but the major part of their work was done in the 70's.
Thorns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video killed the radio star
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3