Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 224 - Top Down - JUDGED!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Crusader of Thraben 1WW

Creature - Human Knight [Mythic Rare]

First Strike

When Crusader of Thraben becomes blocked by a non-Human creature, exile that creature.

When Crusader of Thraben leaves the battlefield, return all creatures exiled with it to the battlefield under their owner's control.
Livermush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:

Quote:
Crusader of Thraben 1WW

First Strike

When Crusader of Thraben becomes blocked by a non-Human creature, exile that creature.

When Crusader of Thraben leaves the battlefield, return all creatures exiled with it to the battlefield under their owner's control.

First strike seems pointless.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight of Retribution 1WB

Creature - Human Knight (uncommon)

Morbid - When Knight of Retribution enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, you may destroy target creature.

First strike

2/2

"You are next."

Last edited by Balaviaris on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Domine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bal-Sagoth, Blade of Death 2BBB

Legendary Creature - Spirit Knight

Intimidate

Whenever Bal-Sagoth deals combat damage to an opponent, destroy all creatures that player control then put a +1/+1 counter on Bal-Sagoth for each creature destroyed this way

"He grows with every scream, with every wound, with every muder, for he is death itself"

2/2
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging tomorrow
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raging Bear 1R - creature bear knight common

Haste

2/2.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the great response... and thanks also for tracking down the image source for me Smile. The quality of entries is much higher than I'm used to judging. Judging is below and is, as usual, completely subjective - so if you dont like it, tough luck.

Stucco wrote:

Defeat......................1BB
Instant.....................U
Kicker 1BB
Destroy target creature, it can't be regenerated. If Defeat was kicked, gain control of that creature instead.
"In staring down a blade there are but two options: Death or Dishonor."

I like: That this does something that black can't do often and in a new and interesting way. The flavour text helps marry the mechanics to the art.
I dislike: Even with the neat trick of using the flavour text I still think it doesn't quite fit the art.
Score: 9

iSperia wrote:
Last Survived - 1WW
Creature - Human Soldier (rare)
If Last Survived is the only creature you control and there are two or more creatures in your graveyard, Last Survived gets vigilance and double strike.
"They came in the night and killed my friends, Time to hunt!"
3/3

I like: This suits the artwork much better. I like the way you used the mechanics to tie in the dead guys in the background.
I dislike: The "lone survivor looking for revenge" bit doesnt feel white to me. Its more red or black.

NearSideMoon wrote:

Last Man Standing - WWWBBB - Mythic Rare
Sorcery
Choose a permanent. Each player sacrifices all other permanents. Discard your hand.
"Wars are not won; they are merely lost last."

I like: A few people have gone with a "last man standing" type flavour and it fits the art nicely.
I dislike: This is way too swingy to see print, even at WWWBBB.
Score: 8

sc4rs wrote:
Knight of Hatred
BB
Creature - Knight - Uncommon
First strike
Pay 3 life: Knight of Hatred gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Sacrifice a creature: Knight of Hatred gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
2/2
"You see what I have done to those who called me friend. What mercy do you think I have for one who calls me enemy?"
I like: This is a well rounded card. I like the picture painted by the flavour text and the dead guys in the background of the art. Its powerful but nicely balance.
I dislike: nothing
Score: 10

_Godica wrote:
Mercy in War 1WW
Instant -- Uncommon
Destroy each creature that has been dealt damage this turn.
For those who lie broken on the battlefield, death is a kindness.

I like: This fits well with white's removal of attackers and blockers and its also an interesting new twist on mass removal.
I dislike: It feels more like a Rare than an uncommon.
Score: 9.5

huntergatsby wrote:
Tyr, Palladin Fallen 4BW
Legendary Creature-Human Knight (MR)
Deathtouch; First Strike; Lifelink
Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked, you may choose to destroy target creature opponent controls. If you do, then ~ assigns no combat damage this turn.
3/3
"Justice isn't just for the holy. Even the fallen wish to bring down their foes."

I like: This guy seems badass enough to match the guy in the art.
I dislike: I don't like the interplay between the 3 keyword abilities and the 4th ability. It actually seems like not blocking is always the right move, as at least then they dont gain the life.

UnBearAble wrote:
Knight's Departure W
Instant R
Exile target creature then put two 1/1 knight creature tokens into play under it's owner's control.

I like: This is well balanced and yet playable.
I dislike: It doesnt fit the art. The art has 1 knight and 2 dead guys, but this has 1 dead guy and 2 knights. Also creature tokens should have a specified colour. Lastly, this would be fine as a common or uncommon, its a bit ho-hum for a rare.
Score: 7.5

thelemys wrote:
Justice for Sacrified 2WB
Sorcery - Rare
Each player sacrifices all creatures he or she controls, then draws a card for each creature sacrified this way, then loses that many life.
A sacrifice you make today will always be treasured.
A sacrifice you make today will always be remembered.

I like: Cool original effect.
I dislike: Sacrificing, card drawing and losing life - this is a mono black or UB card, not WB. What in the art made you think of card drawing? Why isnt the knight in the art sacrificed?
Score: 8

Livermush wrote:
Holy Inquisition | W
Sorcery (Rare)
Target opponent reveals their hand. You choose a nonwhite, nonland card from it. That player exiles that card and gains life equal to it's converted mana cost.
We plucked their sinful thoughts from their mind for their own good, letting the remains of their demagogues rot as a reminder to future transgressions.

I like: This is technically off-color for white but the way you put it together it still has a white feel.
I dislike: Its not a PERFECT fit for the art.

axman wrote:
Soldier of Death 1WWBB
Creature - Spirit Knight (rare)
First-Strike, Vigilence
Whenever Soldier of Death enters the battle field or attacks, each player sacerfices a creature.
3/3
In a world filled with despair... only the soldier of death can bring a reprise from the pain

I like: This is a great fit for the art and would make a pretty cool win condition in a BW control or aggro deck.
I dislike: the spelling.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Holy Blade of Rain and Blight WUB
Artifact - Equipment - Rare
Equipped creature gains First Strike, Hexproof, Deathtouch and
'2, Sacrifice this creature: Target opponent loses 2 life, you gain 2 life and draw a card.'
Equip (2)
Through the rain I saw a light, amongst the blight, amongst the murder.

I like: I was hoping someone would make a card focussed on the sword.
I dislike: This is a personal thing, but I dislike coloured artifacts. This would work just as well with a CC of 4.

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Executioner's Blade (2)
Artifact - Equipment (Uncommon)
Equipped creature has +1/+1. Damage dealt by creatures equipped with Executioner's Blade can't be prevented.
Equip 1

I like: Another artifact entry. Much simpler this time but still a good fit for the art.
I dislike: It doesn't excite me much. Its a slightly improved Leonin Scimitar at a higher cost.
Score: 8.5

ShamedShadow wrote:

Quote:
Crusader of Thraben 1WW
First Strike

I like: This is a good fit for the art and the exile blockers ability feels original. Bonus 0.5 for mocking up the card.
I dislike: First strike seems almost completely pointless, unless you anticipate him getting blocked by humans. The 3rd ability isnt needed for balance reasons and doesnt add to flavour - it just adds complexity to the card. This could have been cool and elegant as a 1WW 3/1 Knight with "whenever a creature blocks ~, exile that creature".
Score: 8.5

Balaviaris wrote:
Knight of Retribution 1WB
Creature - Human Knight (uncommon)
Morbid - When Knight of Retribution enters the battlefield, if a creature died this turn, you may destroy target creature.
First strike
2/2
"You are next."

I like: A cool take on a new 2/2 knight which fits the art well.
I dislike: Could probably have gotten away with this at WB, rather than 1WB.

Domine wrote:
Bal-Sagoth, Blade of Death 2BBB
Legendary Creature - Spirit Knight
Intimidate
Whenever Bal-Sagoth deals combat damage to an opponent, destroy all creatures that player control then put a +1/+1 counter on Bal-Sagoth for each creature destroyed this way
"He grows with every scream, with every wound, with every muder, for he is death itself"
2/2

I like: This just oozes flavour and is a perfect fit for the art.
I dislike: I'm unsure about him having intimidate - it seems to hose single colour decks too much and you could probably create better tension with something like first strike or flying. No rarity.

Dr_Moo wrote:
Cruel Judgment - 1B (Uncommon)
Instant
Destroy target non-white creature. Its controller loses 3 life.
"Judge not, lest ye...", was all he got out before the blade separated head and body.

I like: Simple, efficient, elegant.
I dislike: Im clutching at straws here, but maybe a tad underpriced? BB?
Score: 10

GreenBear wrote:
Raging Bear 1R - creature bear knight common
Haste
2/2.

I like: It made me laugh....
I dislike: ... for all the wrong reasons. WTF man? How do you get a 1R bear knight from that art?
Score: 1

-------------------------------------------------------
2 submissions scored 10 out of 10.
sc4rs - Knight of Hatred
Dr_Moo - Cruel Judgment

This is actually a really tough call. I think I (barely) like the removal better as the black knight route seemed a little obvious, so I'm giving the win to Dr_Moo
Livermush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Dr. Moo's flavor text.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be I should have given my card "gain life" over "lose life" for W.
I found the effect was a lot a Wrath of God effect so > W.

Thx for judging and go next.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2