Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jund?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JustKenny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Jund? Reply with quote

4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
3 [ALA] Forest
3 [BD] Swamp
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
3 [M10] Rootbound Crag
2 [ZEN] Mountain
1 [WWK] Raging Ravine

// Creatures
3 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
3 [ZEN] Vampire Nighthawk
2 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
3 [ZEN] Bloodgast
3 [ARB] Putrid Leech
// Spells
2 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
4 [ALA] Blightning
2 [ZEN] Sorin Markov
2 [M10] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
2 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
2 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
2 [ARB] Terminate

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
SB: 3 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [M10] Great Sable Stag
SB: 3 [ARB] Thought Hemorrhage
SB: 3 [ALA] Jund Charm

I really like the collar it has never been a bad draw for me. but i have not had a chance to play since the new set came out any suggestion/problems you see (other than cut bloodgast and 63 cards in a deck = noob )
Bantos86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're running Basilisk Collar, you really don't need the Nighthawks. Cut those = 60 card deck = less nubish Very Happy.

Other than that, Sorin is kinda useless. If you haven't knocked them down to 10, or close to there, by the time you can cast him, you're doing it wrong. Replace with 2 Chandra Nalaar, or 2 Siege-Gang Commander, or 1 Garruk and 1 Broodmate.

I personally hate Bit Blast due to it's inability to eliminate Baneslayer. I'd replace either with 2 Chandra (if you didn't add her already), or 2 Slave of Bolas.
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't had a chance to play since wwk, you should test your deck before posting it. Ragin Ravine is fucking amazing, you should run 3 or 3 of those and Abyssal Persecutor is good 4 mana slot as well.
JustKenny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep sorin cause he is kick ass against aggro late game.... i would run Chandra in place but don't own any sorry. i have blood witch for baneslayer and terminate and pulse besides 80 percent of decks i play will run cards that bit blast will kill. I still am not sure about the land in jund yet though 2 of maybe but 3 of is to slow... i tried taking out night hawks but it threw my mana base off so while i agree that night hawk and collar is redundant, i would need to replace nighthawk and keep it 63 cards.
urafever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to run 60 cards.

you don't really have a deck there; you just have a collection of good cards.
RiQuSP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with urafever, try to make the list more consistent with running more 4-offs.

Also 60 cards > ..
FrostFire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy solutions here. Bloodghast?? cut'm. Nighthawk...cut'm. Sorin...cut'm. That's -8 cards. if you vs aggro and u makeit to mid-game, you win. So there is no need for sorin. Nighthawk....you are running collar so udont need him. Bloodghast, no idea why he is even in this deck...he can't block. so add +2pulse(bsa removal if nothing else) +1 thrinax +1 leech or do +1pulse +1thrinax +2 SGC. Either way your now at 60 and rockin a nice deck.
RiQuSP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Collar even in this deck? Or am I missing something here =/
Bantos86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddawg wrote:
i keep sorin cause he is kick ass against aggro late game.... i would run Chandra in place but don't own any sorry. i have blood witch for baneslayer and terminate and pulse besides 80 percent of decks i play will run cards that bit blast will kill. I still am not sure about the land in jund yet though 2 of maybe but 3 of is to slow... i tried taking out night hawks but it threw my mana base off so while i agree that night hawk and collar is redundant, i would need to replace nighthawk and keep it 63 cards.

Again, if you haven't knocked them down to 10 or less, or at the very least 12, by the time Sorin hits play, you're either doing it wrong, or you're up against a crontrol deck that's been pwning you for the last 5 turns. He's a waste of space for Jund. Toss him.

Bloodwitch is in the sideboard. You shouldn't have to scoop g1 because you drew Bit Blast against a Baneslayer and cascaded into a Putrid Leech. Beating your opponent's face in with their own Baneslayer, gaining 5 life, then sacrificing said Baneslayer > unpredictable cascade.

Run two of Raging Ravine.

And no, you wouldn't have to replace the Nighthawks. You remove them completely and fix your mana base.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiQuSP wrote:

Collar + Leech = win.
RiQuSP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantos86 wrote:
RiQuSP wrote:

Collar + Leech = win.

Maybe, but it seems so stupid to (for example):
Turn 2 Leech
Turn 3 collar equip and having it bolted or something..

And it doesn't make that much of a difference, I'd rather run more removal or something
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1