Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swerve on Thought Hemorrhage

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Swerve on Thought Hemorrhage Reply with quote

Ok, let's say my opponent plays a Thought Hemorrhage, and I respond with a Swerve. I will now target my opponent with the T.H., but who now has the ability to name what card it will search for? Me or my opponent? Thanks.
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although swerve redirects to your opponent he/she will still name which card that the effect will search for as that is not chosen untill t.h is resolving.

presumably he/she will name a card that is not in his deck. but as part of t.h's effect he must reveal his hand to you.

making swerve a psuedo counterspell in this instance.

hope this helps
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says on the card that player reveals the hand
PenguinSlave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok while this thread is open,opponent casts negate on your lets say blightning can you play swerve on the negate,changing it to negate now counters swerve?
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can't make the negate target it self because spells can't target them selves but u can make the negate trgt the swerve ... then when the negate tries to resolve it would be countered on resolution because by this time the swerve has left the stack(the target for negate) and the blightning would resolve barning no other business.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1