Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invintational 2006 card

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

What do you think of Antoine Ruel's card?
Broken!!
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Pretty Good!
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
meh, its alright.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
I don't dig it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Awful!!!
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Craze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Invintational 2006 card Reply with quote

coming up in the next set is the 2006 invitational card, and I just saw it and thought it was pretty interesting.

Quote:
Bibi
GU
Legendary Creature — Human Baby
0/1
Whenever you draw a card, put a year counter on Bibi.
At end of turn, if Bibi has two or more year counters on it, flip it.

///

Sleur

Legendary Creature — Human
3/3
If an opponent would shuffle his or her library, instead you may search that library for a card, that player shuffles the rest, you put the card on top of that library, then you draw a card.

what do you think?

heres the link if you want it:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/mi06/submissions
lennin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do u know its coming up in the next set and wizards changes the cards, they dont put them exactly as the player submits them
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fun Very Happy

Also this card:
Ebony Liespewer
Black Mana
Creature — Human Wizard
1/1
Whenever Ebony Liespewer comes into play or is put into a graveyard from play, search your library for a nonland card with converted mana cost 2 or less, reveal it, put it into your hand, then discard a card. Then shuffle your library.

Is pretty broken in reanimate if you ask me.
Swamp, Dark Ritual, This guy -> search exhume, discard akroma, play exhume etc etc Very Happy
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said it would be released in Morningtide. I like

Pierre Canali
Pedro, Salsa Master
Frank Karsten
Jeff Cunningham
Osyp Lebedowicz
Gabriel Nassif
Kenji Tsumura
Julien Nutonchin

all better than his. Too bad none of them won instead. Pierre's card would be insane or at least full of headaches. Kenji's card is just broken. I like Cunninghams card because it reminds me so much of Survival of the Fittest. Osyp's card is broken as well.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way his card is worded right now, it would trigger off it's own effect, so you would basically restack your opponents whole library and draw as many cards as there are in his.
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't bibi and sleur a fake card and they submited a different one instead?
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
The way his card is worded right now, it would trigger off it's own effect, so you would basically restack your opponents whole library and draw as many cards as there are in his.

obv as lennin said they reword and change a little of the cards.

ant900, says on the invintational page that Bib/Sluer will be in the next set
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when someone will submit a Planeswalker.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze 3RRR

Planeswalker - God

+1 Target creature gains haste or first-strike until the end of the turn.

-4: Untap target creature and gain control of it until the end of the turn. That creature gains haste until the end of the turn.

-10: Untap all creatures you control. All creatures you control get +1/+1 and haste until the end of the turn. After the phase, you get an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.

Rare 7
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze, please learn to read. Nowhere in the 2006 invitational coverage does it say that the card will be in Morningtide, I think you saw this sentence and got confused:
"Ruel now earns the right to create a Magic card with his likeness on it, so be on the lookout for the flip card Bibi // Sleur in an upcoming set. Congratulations to Antoine Ruel, the 2006 Magic Invitational champion!"

See, it says an upcoming set, not the upcoming set.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok first of all Wizards denied that card. Second, Rosewater said it was going to be released in the next year but not in Lorwyn. Third, no one knows what card Ruel ended up remaking.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

center425 wrote:
Ok first of all Wizards denied that card. Second, Rosewater said it was going to be released in the next year but not in Lorwyn. Third, no one knows what card Ruel ended up remaking.

do you have a link to that piece of info or did you receive it from the tinfoil hat you wear on your head?
YTheAlien

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally, let me comment on the status of Antoine Ruel's card. (Antoine was last year's winner and he, along with World Champion Makihito Mihara and Pro Player of the Year Shouta Yasooka, are the only three currently with slots for this year's Invitational.) Antoine turned in a flip card (named Bibi // Sleur) that was later rejected by R&D. Working with Antoine to create a new card he was happy with and finding a place in a current set in design that's appropriate has taken longer than expected. That said, I believe you will see Antoine's card in a set within the next year (and no, it's not in Lorwyn.)
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I love it when Craze has no idea what he's talking about and then people prove how much of a moron he is.
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noremac wrote:
God, I love it when Craze has no idea what he's talking about and then people prove how much of a moron he is.

I'm a moron because I didn't know something. Its not like I misread or didn't read anything.
I think your a fucking dumbass for being such a fucking 4 year old. Grow up Cameron.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2