Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coverage Framework

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Coverage Framework Reply with quote

While many people don't see it, I am actually in charge of coverage here on Magic-League (as my lovely little Coverage Director tag here on the forums indicates). After coverage more or less collapsed after losing my two main volunteers around June last year, I decided to develop a framework for structuring coverage to get coverage back off the ground, and hopefully prevent it from returning to the level of stagnation it has in the past.

What this is: The framework is basically a document outlining my philosophy on coverage, and what I feel coverage needs to succeed.

Where to read it: You can find the Coverage Framework at http://www.magic-league.com/Roo/Coverage%20Framework.pdf.

What can I do to help? There are two things primarily that I see need doing in order for coverage to succeed:

1. There needs to be in-depth discussion within the community about what they want from coverage. I'm open to suggestions about anything and everything short of pink elephants doing the can can. The more information we have to work with, the better.

2. I need to hear interest from anyone willing to help out with making coverage work. There's only so much I can do myself, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help out, feel free to email me at weedmonkey@magic-league.com or contact me in this thread Smile (IRC isn't the best method of contacting me as you cannot accurately tell when I am and am not online).

Thanks in advance for reading everything, and hopefully we can make Magic-League coverage shine Smile[/url]
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a couple of articles for the last Master. I'd be happy to continue doing this occasionally.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the feature matches and things from the overextended master and this past one? I couldn't find them on the coverage site but I know someone did them.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
Where are the feature matches and things from the overextended master and this past one? I couldn't find them on the coverage site but I know someone did them.

http://weedmonkey.byethost11.com/index.php/july-3rd-standard-post-ban-master

It takes quite a bit of searching to track them down. Obviously something that needs to be worked on.
YGDAnthony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i covered 2 games last master, i woulden't mind to continue. i liked it, i will definatly help next time.
Shindeiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I don't mind helping out.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1