Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blink it

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
KeySam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Blink it Reply with quote

This is a new try on blink, combined with graveyard recursion in form of revieillark and ressurection(now Body Double cause of to many good synergies). My main problem till now is Sonic Boom(as far as i tested didnt played against rogues till now), any ideas for an anti sonic boom sideboard? Of course all other comments are also wellcome.

Updated List:

Creatures
4 Mulldrifter
2 Venser, Shaper Savant
4 Riftwing Cloudskate
3 Reveillark
2 Nevermaker
4 Epochrasite
2 Body Double
2 Sower of Temptation

Spells
4 Momentary Blink
2 Wrath of God
1 Mind Spring
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Mind Stone

Lands
4 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Nimbus Maze
4 Adarkar Wastes
5 Plains
5 Island

Sideboard
2 Wrath of God
3 Aven Riftwatcher
3 Seht's Tiger (Dstorm, Discard)
3 Take Possession (Sonic Boom)
4 Stonecloaker (Mirror, Manique)

KeySam

Last edited by KeySam on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:47 am; edited 11 times in total
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermaker doesnt fit the deck here

if i were u i would consider running oblivion ring, so u can bounce in response to its cip ability with blink
KeySam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermaker creates a softlock, thought i like your idea of oblivion ring very mutch i think kicking something.
Tenak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-3 Resurrection, -1 Mind Spring, -4 Aven Riftwatcher, -2 Vendilion Clique (wtf is that card doing here anyway)

+4 Epochrasite, +2 Cryptic Command, +2 Riftwing Cloudstake, +2 Sower of Temptatioin

Epochrasite is just a must have in this deck. Personally I wouldn't MD the aven riftwatchers though I suppose it's really a meta call.

I see no reason to run terramorphic expanse in this deck or prismatic lens... you are only 2 colours after all. I'd rather run mind stone and some useful lands like faerie conclaves. I'd probably run something like:

9 Snow-Covered Island
4 Snow-Covered Plains
4 Adarkar Wastes
2 Nimbus Maze
3 Faerie Conclave
1 Mouth of Ronom
3 Mind Stone

Although maybe this deck could do with an extra land slot or two.

Against sonic boom I'd put in SB something like:
2 Teferi
2 Vesuvan shapeshifter
2 Jace Beleren

The matchup still often comes down to basically how many cloudstakes you can suspend early before teferi hits though...
KeySam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realy forgot epocharasite thats true Wink

Vendilion clique is realy good with bounce you can bounce and get the thing away, it helps to cycle cards, its great in traiding in general... so i dont kick it.

Sower of temptation is a nice to think about although i am not sure its realy needed and its not like its realy good with blink or the stuff i am capbale of doing, i prefer riftwatcher of it.

I misdid the list it was 2 aven 4 riftwing i fix that now. + i look how i get Epochoarasite into play.

And dont make the mistake of kicking Resurrection its realy realy good in this deck(the original blink in block didnt have all those evoker). It let you evoke your stuff without waiting till you have a blink... I know that reviliark can do the same but its more expensive and Resurrection let me return thisone too.

I am not a fan of cryptic command in this deck cause i want to tap out. I play the random mindspring as another card drawing engine, till now the deck only came out realy bad if i didnt draw any card drawers.

I play terramorphic cause i want the right mana with nimbus maze, mindstone is a good idea.

List updated the anti sonic boom sideboard has to be tested before i take it in.

Well thats it for now.
KeySam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updates all did very well, thanks for your comments.
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOMENTARY BLINK CANNOT BOUNCE OBLIVION RING.
lennin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

learn to fucking read u moron.
Apos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i like your ideas
nevermaker is so cool if you look closly
you can bounce him ,remove him with ring then bounce the ring and do it again
evoke him and resurect him then blink him hehe i like that

you need 1 more wrath main and consider cloudgoat ranger he is pretty cool

you already got a good matchup vs many control
and forget sonic boom they wont survive the new meta i think

and sethtiger is a nice sb card good vs storm ,burn and discard

defenetly screw Vendilion Clique to many other good cards

here is my old list pre mor

// Lands
3 [10E] Faerie Conclave
7 [LRW] Island (4)
8 [10E] Plains (4)
4 [FUT] Nimbus Maze
4 [10E] Adarkar Wastes

// Creatures
3 [LRW] Cloudgoat Ranger
2 [FUT] Seht's Tiger
4 [TSP] Riftwing Cloudskate
4 [FUT] Epochrasite
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
1 [FUT] Venser, Shaper Savant
1 [PLC] Akroma, Angel of Fury
1 [TSP] Draining Whelk
1 [TSP] Mangara of Corondor

// Spells
2 [TSB] Resurrection
4 [TSP] Momentary Blink
4 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
3 [10E] Wrath of God

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [FUT] Seht's Tiger
SB: 1 [10E] Wrath of God
SB: 3 [TSP] Return to Dust
SB: 3 [PLC] Aven Riftwatcher
SB: 1 [TSP] Tivadar of Thorn
SB: 3 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [TSB] Disenchant

hope it helps you

akroma is nice if you dont get the blink you simply morph it and it gets killed most of the times or you chump block and the very next turn resurect it Wink
KeySam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Kind of like the Cloudgoat Ranger idea, i try him instead of Clique, although i like the clique the oblivion rings also doing a nice job in removing things permanently. And the CLoudgoat Ranger can also stop aggro very effective.

Sethtiger is a viable sideboard card, althoug i dont like him main.

Somethings you may missed i also explored only shortly, with Revlliark in play you can oblivion ring targeting him, return a bouncer and another random guy, target the bouncer to oring -> reviliark gets returned and oring back on hand, and redo it till your hole graveyard is back (if you have enough bouncer/mana) i retunred once 6 creatures, the opponent almost freaked out Wink

I posted the same list on mtgsalvation and also updating to their comments heres the link.
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=101418

Body Double is in cause of a suggestion their, since when you copy revilliark in grave you the opponent cant get the rid of him.

edit: I just saw the Akroma thing, well if i run more Body Doubles i would realy think about it, but like it is right now i am not sure if hes worth it and i am running out of space now i dont want to kick mindsprings its pretty important to get some kind of cardadvantage going on.
toguppy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wanna know something i personally enjoy doing with sower???

blocking with him and their stolen creature stacking damage... and bouncing or blinking sower so i get another creature and their creature/s die its quite a good trade there, consider it Very Happy
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I test now with sower instead of Cloudgoat Ranger, cause i wanted to lower my curve a bit and i am not sure if i need Cloudgoat, it did realy good in testng, but i guess sower does almost the same thing.

edit: The deck now works very well i would love to get a testing partner for mws. There are to many random decks i play that just dont help me adjusting this deck.

edit2: after testing with sower i have to agree that sower is realy extremly powerfull and fits in this deck perfectly.
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played a mirror, he also played Magus of the Disk so he can sweep boards all the time, i didnt realy like the idea i think its overdoing(he played 2 side). But what do you think. List updated with sideboard. If i would play something like that i would prefer nantuko husk or stuff(even when its offcolor) cause you can just combo of and win immidieatly.
Apos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont play any mindstones so i thought for a moment about him but then you have to cut rings

but seriusly you got to play 3 wraths even the cut of the 4th in sb hurted me
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1