Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Do You Think Of This Laptop?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
tWo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: What Do You Think Of This Laptop? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying this laptop. I need to know if it will be able to play ANY game out there on the highest settings and if not what can it handle? Also I would like to know if I'm getting it at a good price. It is an HP Pavilion dv5z it cost $1,217 including all tax and shipping fees, it comes with a 2 year Accidental Damage Warranty, Basically I can throw it out the window "accidentally" and get a new one for 2 years (I asked this question).

Here's The Specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-82 (2.2GHz)
15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Infinity Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
256MB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3450 Graphics
250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
HP Imprint Finish (Mesh) + Microphone + Webcam for HP BrightView Infinity
HP Color Matching Keyboard
802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Microsoft(R) Works 9.0

Let me know what you think.
f3bras

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can play every game out there, and probably 75/80%+ of them in it's highest graphic settings..
jdf121

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very good price. Nice computer. I would suggest a 17" monitor if it is an option. They are sick. Especially for games and movies. Where are you getting it from?
tWo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f3bras wrote:
You can play every game out there, and probably 75/80%+ of them in it's highest graphic settings..

Can you give me some examples of games that I wont be able to play on highest? (Sorry. Just if I'm spending 2 weeks of a pay on some thing I really want to know everything)

jdf121 wrote:
Yes, very good price. Nice computer. I would suggest a 17" monitor if it is an option. They are sick. Especially for games and movies. Where are you getting it from?

I just called HP. Also saying that your a student gets you like 7% off Very Happy . For some reason the 17inch monitor would make it like $350 more Confused Not worth it to me.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1