Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Pacifism like spells?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
artificer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Best Pacifism like spells? Reply with quote

I would apreciate some suggestion on White T2 Pacifism like spells.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Pacifism like spells? Reply with quote

artificer wrote:
I would apreciate some suggestion on White T2 Pacifism like spells.

the only one i can think of is prison term with is infinitively better than Pacifism
Tenak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temporal isolation
Trivial

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Spirit Link Reply with quote

If you need to survive a really blistering attack, Spirit Link is fast; I don't see such a need in T2, and Prison Term seems the best of the bunch, even then. Condemn also seems better.
sgt_pepper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like oblivion ring better than all of these cards, it can also take care of bitterblossom and planeswalkers, though it's technically not a pacifism like card Wink
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacifism and Oblivion Ring are both enchantments. As a result, Oblivion Ring is a Pacifism-like card!
Thorns

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit Link works in no way, shape or form similarily to Pacifism. If I have you at 3 life and you enchant my 3/3 Elephant token with Spirit Link, I can still attack you with it, causing you to lose the game because of state based effects (having 0 life in this case) before the life gaining as a chance to come into effect. It's a common misconception a lot of players have.

Now to answer the question, the best Pacifism cards in Standard are Temporal Isolation, Prison Term and, of course, Pacifism. I think Prison Term is the best one of the bunch for most decks because you get to snatch up bigger or more dangerous threats as they come into play, something that Pacifism spells always had a problem with. However, enchanting your Auratog with Temporal Isolation can oftenly win you the game.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pariah
2W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature.
All damage that would be dealt to you is dealt to enchanted creature instead.

---

A card that I am particularly fond of and one that is always misread by opponents who assume it to be another pacifism variant, is Pariah. While it suffers from all the same limitations as the other auras, for just 1 additional mana, you can effectively buy yourself a turn of damage free combat and effectively kill the enchanted creature.

It works even better against poor opponents who simply stop attacking altogether for fear of losing the enchanted creature!
Noobsauce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith's Fetter's 3W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant permanent
When Faith's Fetters comes into play, you gain 4 life.
Enchanted permanent's activated abilities can't be played unless they're mana abilities.
If enchanted permanent is a creature, it can't attack or block.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noobsauce wrote:
Faith's Fetter's 3W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant permanent
When Faith's Fetters comes into play, you gain 4 life.
Enchanted permanent's activated abilities can't be played unless they're mana abilities.
If enchanted permanent is a creature, it can't attack or block.

And as long as we are using cards that aren't t2 legal, why not play that faith's fetters with a mox pearl?
Thorns

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstType wrote:
Cage of Hands is nicely "repeatable," and often overlooked because it came from Kamigawa block.

I'd say it's overlooked because it would get you a DQ if you played it in a Standard tourney.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1