Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Aggro deck help

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
CalebD
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some overall comments.

1-safehold elite doesn't do anything on its own, while gaddock teeg shuts down all that command sillyness that's going around, as well as plainswalkers/wraths/etc. If you're worried about legendary then run a 2-2 split, but I'd run a full 3 teegs md in this meta. Stopping faerie players tapping you out w/ blue command is huge.

2-While cavaliers is a good creature, it's bad against faeries. Their most frequent response is a 4/4 flyer that time walks you. I eventually dropped these to one in favor of o-rings and farhaven elves, boosting the curve to 5 to support oversoul of dusk, which is very sick against pretty much everything.

3-Devoted druid can drop oversoul of dusk on turn 3, and it gains you an extra mana from the liege pump. Just something to consider.

4-Hexhunter MD is looking pretty damn good, kudos.

5-Could the sb be reconfigured to allow 4 cloudthresher? I recommend it.
cram320

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to make less of your sideboard slots be wish targets

how about this:

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
SB: 1 [SHM] Vexing Shusher
SB: 1 [SHM] Curse of Chains
SB: 1 [TSP] Harmonic Sliver
SB: 1 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 1 [SHM] Heartmender
SB: 1 [SHM] Oversoul of Dusk
SB: 1 [SHM] Dawnglow Infusion
SB: 3 wispmare
SB: 4 Burrenton Forge-Tender
Lynolf

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll repeat what I said a while ago: I still don't understand why people think Seedcradle Witch is bad. Because it isn't! Evil or Very Mad

And as discussed above, Gaddock Teeg is a must in main deck. I can't stress enough how Gaddock Teeg has been so useful in my deck. What is my deck, you ask? Well I'm glad you asked:

// Lands
1 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
8 [SHM] Forest (1)
3 [FUT] Horizon Canopy
1 [TSB] Pendelhaven
3 [SHM] Plains (4)
3 [10E] Treetop Village
4 [SHM] Wooded Bastion

// Creatures
3 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
3 [LRW] Imperious Perfect
3 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
4 [10E] Llanowar Elves
3 [SHM] Oversoul of Dusk
1 [SHM] Rhys the Redeemed
2 [SHM] Safehold Elite
3 [SHM] Seedcradle Witch
4 [SHM] Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
4 [SHM] Wilt-Leaf Liege
4 [LRW] Wren's Run Vanquisher

// Spells
3 [SHM] Shield of the Oversoul

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [LRW] Cloudthresher
SB: 2 [SHM] Elvish Hexhunter
SB: 1 [TSP] Harmonic Sliver
SB: 3 [PLC] Sunlance
SB: 3 [SHM] Wheel of Sun and Moon
SB: 3 [LRW] Wren's Run Packmaster

3rd place in a trial means its not that bad. Hope I was useful to you! Mr. Green
Lynolf

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly. I'm not telling you to copy my list, I just put it there to give you ideas. However I can tell you this:

My deck is purely aggro. A card like Glittering Wish is more of a control perspective. From one side it slows you down 1 turn that sometimes is crucial to keep the pressure. However, it is good in the mid to late game, when it is "defined" and you can search for the card that is more suitable for you to win or stall your opponents down. Note also that with Glittering Wish, you also "lose your sideboard" in games 2 and 3, but gain it in game 1. Now it all depends of your preferences and game style if you would like to keep it or not.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-3 Elvish Hexhunter
+3 Seedcradle Witch

Don't make me repeat this again. Evil or Very Mad

And Treetop Village would be nice as well.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-3 Dawnglow Infusion

+3 Loxodon Warhammer
Lynolf

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find out sooner or later that Sower of Tempation can sometimes be a real pain in the ass. So I would advise you to keep your thresher on sideboard. I've discovered that Oversoul of Dusk, at least in this deck, is not as strong as it seems. Green and white have become more popular now, and, or you find a big creature in the way to stop your Oversoul, or you see him being washed away by an Oblivion Ring. Against blue and black decks the problem is putting him into play, as it often gets countered or discarded. Against red is fine. So don't feel bad for taking it out.

Krosan Grip is only good in the Faeries matchup against Bitterblossom, and if they don't get it, then you have a dead card there to slow your game down. I would choose between Elvish Hexhunter and Harmonic Sliver instead.

PS: You still don't have Treetop Villages... Mad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2