Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And another sealed pool

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Perry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Treefolk Harbinger
1 Leaf Gilder
1 Woodland Changeling
1 Bosk Banneret
1 Elvish Warrior
1 Wolf-Skull Shaman
1 Adder-Staff Boggart
1 Smokebraider
1 Fire Juggler
1 Mudbutton Torchrunner
1 Seething Pathblazer
1 Ceaseless Seerblades
1 Lys Alana Huntmaster
1 Ambassador Oak
1 Tarpitcher
1 Lightning Crafter
1 Game-Trail Changeling
1 Axegrinder Giant

1 Shard Volley
1 Coordinated Barrage
1 Weight of Conscience
1 Obsidian Battle-Axe
1 Consuming Bonfire

1 Vivid Meadow
1 Plains
7 Forest
8 Mountain
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Spring Leaf Drum
1 Obsidian Battle Axe
1 Wolf-Skull Shaman
1 Leaf Gilder
1 Elvish Warrior
1 Woodland Changeling
1 Lys Alana Huntmaster
1 Ambasador Oak
1 Game Trail Changelling
1 Adderstaff boggart
1 Axe Grinder Giant
1 Mudbutton Torch Runner
1 Tar Pitcher
1 Lightning Crafter
1 Shard Volley
1 Mulldrifter
1 Squeking Pie Sneak
1 Packs Disidain
1 Blightsoil Druid
1 Footbottom Feast
1 Boggart Loggers
1 Boggart Birth Rite
1 Weedstrangle

1 Gilt Leaf Palace
1 Vivid Meadow
1 Spine Rock Knoll
6 Forests
5 Swamps
3 Mountains

I feel this build makes the best of the two tribes you have the most strength in goblins with lightning crafter and squeak pie sneak and elves with lys alana and wolf skull Shaman whilst also making alot of your other bombie card obsyidan battle axe. Also utilizing the mana fixing you were given to the max making room for the best common in lorwyn mulldrifter.

I know the mana base isnt as good as you would ideally like but sometimes you have to let things like that slip a little if you really want to make a build that can compete for the top slots, i feel it is the case with this pool.

The Curve is pretty good also though the 3 drop slot is a little empty. Festercreep would be the main sideboard card of note as he is nuts versus some decks I would have liked to have found a place for him main but Im not sure what to take out. Perhasp the footbottom feast or boggart birth rite. Also 500th post!!!!
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I was really looking forward to seeing how other people built this pool as its not a straightforwrd one and no one after me replies not even the author. Crying or Very sad
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the mana base isnt the best but with the deck your playing i can not see you beating any of the good decks. If your playing the smokebraider and the elementals plus vivid and springleaf drum which you really should be then you should def be playing the mulldrifter as it gives you 3 ways to cast it which for one card is more than enough.

The mana base actually has the same amount assuming you used the same mana base as perry of green sources, the leaf gilder blightsoil druid and springleaf drum go a large way to fixing the problem. 7 black sources plus the drum it is reasonable to expect a black and a green in your hand most games which are basically even in terms of how much you want them, with green with a few more double costs so 1 more land and leaf gilder and your quite set.

The real risk is in red theres only a couple of red cards you really want to draw early anyway. But when you get your broken red between tar pitcher mudbutton and lightning crafter you can do some powerful things, these sort of cards make the graveyard recurssion black offers better.

From my experince if this was a PTQ straight RG with what you have is simply not good enough too top 8. Whilst with my build i would be thinking if mana base works my deck is strong enough to have a slot at being in the top 8 slots come the end of seven eight rounds.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1