Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So whats the other forum for?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: So whats the other forum for? Reply with quote

This forum is for discussing all non-MTG issues (politics, videogames, etc.).

Above is what it says about the other forum, on the forum index. So what I would like to know is what is the differnce between a 'spam' topic and an other forum topic. The existants of an other forum to me seems to suggest that spoof threads and such are all acceptable topics, as they would come under other.

So what I would like to discuss today in this other thread is why was my last topic the sort of opinion poll with out a poll (im too dumb to do one was locked for) It was not offensive or malicious and the point may have been comical but the existance of this other forum seems to suggest to me there is a place for this in ML. Other seems to suggest we can start topics about anything that is not deemded as offensive or malicious and that it will not be locked just because it serves no real purpose. Such as a one word story or a thread telling a joke, nothing to do with magic.

Am I misinterpreting what this other forum is for or are some of the ml admin not aware that such topics are acceptable discussion. In which case I take it up on myself to raise awareness Wink
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spam is you making useless threads that no one cares about thats why theyre locked. this isnt the place to complain about judges or admin. email them if you have a complaint svp.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not making a complaint and who is to determine that no one cares about a thread i guess admin. But it seems to me if no one cares about it why lock it (as no one will be responding to it). It is my understanding that threads are locked when they become abbusive or are of a sensative matter.

However if I wanted to make a thread about my stamp collection granted no one would care about but i should still be able to make the thread and not have it locked. Its an other topic to discuss my point being that practically anything can come under other.
zig-goyf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stamp or so cool dude make one whyt some pic off you colection plz plz ') ....................... NOT lock this one 2 and give im a life
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it's a good idea to have several forum threads without content except some profane language about how bad specific people are or how bad their ideas/opinion is.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this forum has almost zero rules and you managed to get over a handful edited and locked. They must have been terrible.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that was'nt me and I havent used any bad language or said anyones ideas were terrible in any of my threads. Im not arguing about niguem's threads I see why they were locked. If not why my comments were deleted. All my threads have had content (if not to do with mtg) and I entirly understand why abbusive or malicious threads are locked but my last one was'nt. Nor am I ever, Im to clever for that (assuming Im sober). For the record I don't have a stamp collection obv that was just a good example of something no one would care about.

Infact you can see if you click on my post count number (under my name) all my posts and you will see that if my comments are not a joke they are generally constructive and looking through them I practically never swear. I couldnt find any but im sure if I say that someone will pull me up on some blip somewhere.

I also never insult people for no reason (I know Im a saint are'nt I) the only time I will get involved in such things is if I think someone is being a dick to someone else, If its aimed directly at me I just ignore it.

Last edited by OldBear on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lynolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippi is right. We can't post anything here anymore without being ofended or criticised.

People should have more respect for the forums. Some people are only asking for help building their decks or any other subjects, and instead of saying what is wrong or if you don't agree with something and then explaining the motive, they just say "YOU *****, GO LEARN TO PLAY YOU *****" and things like that. Since the forum has no rules, at least have respect for people who post here, or are you too ***** to even do that?

Edited: This was aimed to general people Trotsky1 -.-

Last edited by Lynolf on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure if that is aimed at me but if it is i suggest you read above.
Sebas_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest make a Forum's in other leguage. like spanish, german. italian, japannese etc. i think is a good idea Cuz there's a lot a ppl on magic-league for another country's than USA
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres alot of American hate here...

all the staff are quick to knock at the country that makes up a majority of the player demographic.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
_S3BAS_ wrote:
I suggest make a Forum's in other leguage. like spanish, german. italian, japannese etc. i think is a good idea Cuz there's a lot a ppl on magic-league for another country's than USA

Magic-league is an international site, and has English as the only language being used, since that is what (almost) all magic-league members are able to speak.
To say that magic-league is centering on America would be a big misunderstanding since the league is set up by some dutch, a greek and an Italian guy (yes, I mean, Koen, Dirkjan, Alex, Lydonius and me).
The thing is however, that most of the players are American, so we do have to accomodate them a little Smile

Greetz Nico

Add to that Magic is an American game and the "Power 9" are only available in English.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where exactly was the American hate in this thread? Or did you just bring this up randomly on a thread for no real reason.

Europe FTW
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1