Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faerie/Rouge Hybrid (Thieving & Leaving)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Killa17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Faerie/Rouge Hybrid (Thieving & Leaving) Reply with quote

OK.. Since Morning tide is leagle ima trying to make a competivive deck for T2 Fnm

Since i all ready had faeries im trying to make it partly rouge and the decks gonan be u/b

Main Deck:
4 Earwig Squad
2 Mistbind Clique
4 Nightshade Stinger
3 Oona's Blackguard
4 Oona's Prowler
2 Pestermite
2 Shriekmaw
4 Spellstutter Sprite

2 Bitterblossom
3 Cryptic Command
4 Thoughtseize
2 Psyonic Blast

4 Faerie Conclave
5 Island
4 Mutavault
4 River of Tears
4 Secluded Glen
2 Swamp
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard:
4 Deathmark
2 Damnations(So manny aggro decks im my arrea its nto even funny...)
3 Extirpate
2 Shriekmaw
3 Sower of Temptation
1 Loxidon Warhammer

Thoughts ? Any thing to Improve it ?
Emerald

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maindeck almost card for card my list Kuan posted in his article on tcg lol...
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut the Damnations for one more Loxodon Warhammer and the 4th Sower of Temptation. That should make your aggro match a lot better. If you plan to go midrange then sure 3-4 Damnations would be great on the side.

I stopped playing Psy Blast for main deck Pithing Needle. This greatly emproves your Mana Ramp matchup. Needle on Treetop Village or Garruk Wildspeaker is the nuts in game one. Plus you can turn off Terramorphic Expance, Imperious Perfect, and a lot of other things that will come up at FNM. Heck just turning off Terramorphic Expance is crazy at most FNM. Most players will be playing budget decks so think about the cards that screw budget players.

Have fun and good luck.
NEET

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killa17,

you might as well play faeries.

rogues run on prowl. cheap casting cost and evasion, with disruption. you have 4 prowl cards that honestly don't even belong in that deck. For a real rogue deck deck, check out yang's. although i think yang can use some bannerettes. 1 casting noggin whack, inversion & theft = ownage.

anyways, your deck is just a traditional faerie with earwig squads for some reason. I'd say drop earwig completely and add in some rune snags or whatever.

ADD: if you really want to play rogues, just try something like yang's or check wizard's forums. there's a large thread there named Mono Black Rogues that might interest you. Rogues is really cheap as well, the only expensive card being oona's prowlers, which you already have.
NEET

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banerettes are a good alternative to adding more lands.

my rogue deck runs 3 with 18 swamps and 3 mutavaults and rarely have mana problems.

cloak and daggers is worth sideboarding too
Noobsauce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since almost all of your creatures have evasion, I'd say add morsel theft.
9 times out of 10 it's a lightning helix that cantrips.

I also like Looter il-Kor.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1