Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Lorwyn Zombies

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new decks are kinda futile with new set coming out.

but ya there's lots of really good zombies... just stick to a deck with that theme. scratch all-out aggro cards that u wouldnt otherwise play.... stick to the guns of "solid guy.dec" that happens to have awesome synergies
kendiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might want to put a couple Eyeblight's ending in there. Lots of folks are playing doran, and if they get one out early, it's going to hurt for a while, because it seems your only shot is either a really big profane command or two-for-one-ing yourself with nameless inversion.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I splashed green in mine. Let's me use Birds of Paradise and Changeling Titan. Titan championing a Gravedigger lets you keep getting the dead Titan back.
For the SB green allows for Gaea's Herald, Eyes of the Wisent, Naturalize/Krosan Grip.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently tested Twisted Abomination and have found it isn't very good even in a Korlash deck with Mannequins.

I also think 8 lords is a bit too many.

Withered Wretch is infinitely better than Skulking Knight. With reanimation, Tarmogoyf and Mannequin dominating the meta, Wretch is a 4-of in any mono-black aggro deck, and in a zombie deck? You play 4 Wretch, period.

4 Festering Goblin
4 Stromgald Crusader
4 Withered Wretch
4 Lord of the Undead
4 Korlash
2 Undead Warchief

2 Liliana Vess
3 Loxodon Warhammer

3 Profane Command
3 Eyeblight's Ending
4 Nameless Inversion

18 Swamp
2 Urborg
3 Spawning Pool
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to run gravepact, you need more than one way of sacrificing creatures. 4 Nantuko Husk isn't enough.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take out the Twisted Abominations for 2 Warhammer, then. No reason to not do both as long as both decks have Korlash.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, except for Festering Goblin, you really want to keep all of your creatures even with a Grave Pact in play.

4 Festering Goblin
4 Withered Wretch
4 Stromgald Crusader
4 Nantuko Husk
4 Lord of the Undead
4 Marsh Flitter
3 Shriekmaw

4 Grave Pact
3 Phyrexian Vault

3 Profane Command

23 Swamp

What about something like this?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skulking knight is bad. Drop it. It doesn't matter what you put in there in its place, as long as you don't play it.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You can't equip Warhammer on it.

2. It can be killed by Mogg Fanatic, Desert, Venser, Riftwing, Goldmeadow Harrier, Icatian Javelineers, Might of Old Krosa, Boomerang, Tarfire, Shock, Pestermite, as well as black, red and white spells which would kill it anyway. Those are cards which you can expect to face up against and which are all more cost-efficient than Skulking Knight. Its combat efficiency is canceled out because of this.

p.s: Sangrophage sucks as well, especially against other aggro decks.

Withered Wretch and Nantuko Husk are just plain better yes. They have no drawback, and their abilities are both very useful.

Profane Command is a very good card. You don't have enough small black creatures for Bad Moon to be very efficient. But if you plan to run Nantuko Husk, Nether Traitor is his best ally in black. Traitor likes Bad Moon. Neither Profane Command nor Bad Moon are sideboard cards. Either main or not at all.

Your sideboard should have solutions for matchups vs control (i.e discard), and against faster aggro decks (i.e creature kill).
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play Ghostly Changeling instead of Skulking Knight, and have Nantuko Husk in the deck, it could suddenly be worthwhile to play a few Swarmyards...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much you can do about Teferi's Moat except discarding it. Pithing Needle helps vs Story Circle.

I hope you realized that Profane Command owns both of them...

If nothing else, Beacon of Unrest is a tool that Black can use to deal with Moat and Story Circle.

When you assess how things went in that tourney, you should make some kind of statistics:

1. When your deck was at its most efficient, what happened and why was it so efficient? (A wild guess - Korlash with Warhammer)

- could you increase the number of times this situation occurs?

2. What cards, in particular, was most helpful. Did you side in some cards every game? Did some sideboard cards stay unused? (I guess Sudden Spoiling and Skulking Knight were not used that much)

- should the maindeck be changed according to these experiences?

3. What matchup(s) were the worst? What can you do to improve those matchups?

- More discard against control in sideboard. 4 Stupor, 4 Augur of Skulls?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2