Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me out people

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
evilbeaver88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Help me out people Reply with quote

Just wanna say that I'm new to this site and I thought it would be a good place to start REALLY playing competitively and stuff.

Yeah, basically I'm a person who's been playing MtG since like, right before Ravnica came out and since there's really noone in my area that plays T2 competitively I have nobody to play against or anything. I recently went to my first ever tournament because I was really wanting to test out one of my budget decks and learn what my meta was, and it turned out they all sucked (just to give you an idea, the tourney was changed to Vintage like 10 mins before it started so I was like "OH CRAP", but I went 3-2 in it with a crappy U/W/R Blink deck....)

Alright, now all that crap is out of the way. Like I said, I want to REALLY start playing competitively and I have a lot of decks that I think are good but I don't have the legitimate testing to say they are yet. So, If anyone would be up for helping me out with that, that would be awesome. Besides, if it turns out they have lots of problems, I can then tweak the deck accordingly to make them good.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out.
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you need help on a deck, post it in the T2 forums and you'll get a bunch of people telling you why it sucks and a handful of people telling you how to improve it.

Otherwise ask for T2 testing in the main chat. You might have to be a bit patient. Alot of new guys ask for a T2 game, wait 2 minutes a leave. And thats just not gonna cut it. T2 minis also make great practice when wanting to test your decks vs netdecks.
Barnacle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a few ways the league can help you out with your t2 testing. The first is you can post your decklists on a forum like this. You will get will get helpful feedback from some as well as negative comments from others. Don't let the mean comments get you down, just take what you can to help your deck run better. Also make sure you test it a little before you post it so you have a general idea of what works and doesn't. This will help others discuss it with you.

Second, you can enter the play chatrooms (on the left side of the screen) and find people to play whatever format you are looking to test. You'll need to have Magic Workstation and Apprentice downloaded to play against people. Both programs are free though. Smile

Lastly, once you're ready to step it up you can enter the 8 man (sometimes more) mini tournaments that are ran intermittently. There is no set schedule for them but announcements are made in the chatrooms when they start forming. There are also scheduled tourneys, you can find the start times to these on the home page.

Good luck and happy gaming!
evilbeaver88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
well if you need help on a deck, post it in the T2 forums and you'll get a bunch of people telling you why it sucks and a handful of people telling you how to improve it.

Otherwise ask for T2 testing in the main chat. You might have to be a bit patient. Alot of new guys ask for a T2 game, wait 2 minutes a leave. And thats just not gonna cut it. T2 minis also make great practice when wanting to test your decks vs netdecks.

Well, yeah I could do that. It's just that I was kinda worried about people just being like "LOL random nubz0r" and ignore me when I did. Figured it would work better if I made this so the people that would care to do this could respond and stuff.
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilbeaver88 wrote:
Craze wrote:

Well, yeah I could do that. It's just that I was kinda worried about people just being like "LOL random nubz0r" and ignore me when I did. Figured it would work better if I made this so the people that would care to do this could respond and stuff.

can't ignore you in minis.

Also most people won't ignore you. They can't just look at you and know your a noob. Theres a 100 plus people in the chat on average.
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBoss0211 wrote:
Well, there are a few ways the league can help you out with your t2 testing. The first is you can post your decklists on a forum like this. You will get will get helpful feedback from some as well as negative comments from others. Don't let the mean comments get you down, just take what you can to help your deck run better. Also make sure you test it a little before you post it so you have a general idea of what works and doesn't. This will help others discuss it with you.

Second, you can enter the play chatrooms (on the left side of the screen) and find people to play whatever format you are looking to test. You'll need to have Magic Workstation and Apprentice downloaded to play against people. Both programs are free though. Smile

Lastly, once you're ready to step it up you can enter the 8 man (sometimes more) mini tournaments that are ran intermittently. There is no set schedule for them but announcements are made in the chatrooms when they start forming. There are also scheduled tourneys, you can find the start times to these on the home page.

Good luck and happy gaming!

thanks for repeating what I said. Thats very helpful
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1