Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 1 players

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Ruisu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Type 1 players Reply with quote

There's barely any t1 tournaments or league action in this site. The chat is full of t2 players. I spend days trying to find a game with only 1 or 2 matches. Can you do something about this, please?

Last edited by Ruisu on Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staff will magically conjure more people interested in t1 as soon as possible.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, simply put, not many people care about T1, particularly in comparison with T2. It's become somewhat of a novelty format, and people would rather play a match with relevance.

Occasionally, though, a Trial will pop up for T1, so keep your eyes on the calendar.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
Staff will magically conjure more people interested in t1 as soon as possible.

that made me laugh xD I'm quoting you in my sig.

and yeah, the problem is most people are kind of "scared" of t1. with all the power of vintage, it is crucial to make good decisions, often on the first or second turn. so most new players opt for t2 (they're probably familiar with the cards and hype and such)

Also, most t1 players play it more casually, while t2 players around here are more interested in league games (at least from what I've been able to see)
Ruisu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Staff will magically conjure more people interested in t1 as soon as possible."

You could do that or actually care enough to do something about it, like;

Staff could make a chat just for t1 players so it's easier for us to find eachother.

Staff could run more T1 tournaments more often.

Etc, etc.
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruisu, you can make your own chat channel if you'd like . Call it #T1. As far as T1 tourney are concerned, they are run sporadically, part of the reason they are not run more often is the fact that they take forever to fill because no one wants to play the format. Avata may have been being sarcastic, but the core of his argument is true, the league can't magically make players appear.
Avata

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruisu wrote:

Staff could run more T1 tournaments more often.

Go for it champ.

http://www.magic-league.com/judges/tests/default.php
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1