Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple is redundant but is it allowed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bad_Karma20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Multiple is redundant but is it allowed Reply with quote

I have a question about multiple instants of an affect such as first strike. Now I know that if a spell were to give a creature with first strike first strike it is redundant, as the rules state, therefore nothing really special just still has first strike. My question is, is it allowed to play such an instant to play an ability on a creature that already has that ability, I.E. the first strike.
Alandariel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for instance you can use Accelerate to give a hastey creature another instance of Haste. Just the same as you can choose to deal zero damage with Blaze... etc... it just doesn't do anything.
AlexTrebek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the situation too. It's allowed but can be used as a stall tactic which isn't legal. If someone gives their creatures a ton of instances of first strike with 20 minutes left in the round and then concedes, allowed. If someone gives their creatures a bunch of instances of first strike, using two minutes between each to force a draw, not allowed.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can always do that to achive hellbent or to increase the storm count so in those situations even if there's only a few minutes left in the round you can do that because you're trying to achive something.
AlexTrebek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, if you're trying to achieve something other than a tie in a hopeless situation.
Bad_Karma20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. ya''ll. I appreciate the responses. Ya'll just help me end a argument...lol I win.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1