Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBZ(Mono-Black Zombies)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Dooby12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: MBZ(Mono-Black Zombies) Reply with quote

This is what the deck looks Like right now

24xSwamp

4xKorlash,Heir to Blakkblade
4xUndead Warchief
4xSevered Legion
4xFestering Goblin
4xTendrils of Corruption
4xNantuko Husk
4xRakdos Guildmage
3xPhyrexian Arena
3xConsume Spirit
2xGauntlet of Power

Sideboard

4xPersecute
4xExtirpate
4xSudden Death
3xDeathmark

The deck seems to do pretty good whenever I play,but it seems to be a bit slow. Will definitely be putting Graveborn Muse in here after 10th becomes legal though. Let me know what you guys think.
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord of the Undead is a must be in an zombie deck and its tech with 2 korlash Wink . But moreover i dont see this beeing realy competative cause it has bad matchups vs control and combo for beeing to slow vs aggro it might get the edge with its big beats and lifegaining. You may look at the article archiv where elvis good wrote an article about that (called zombie and goblins a hellish houseparty or thelike).
Apos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Severed Legion is not t2 play the lord instead also its a aggro deck and aggro decks need 1 drops i would maybe try mindstab wich helps vs control and hardcasting it is not too bad either sumtimes
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My zombie deck is B/G. Mono black could also use Stromgald Crusader, Withered Wretch, Lord of the Undead, Damnation, Gravedigger, etc. My side has Cruel Edict, Persecute, Dark Banishing.
Splashing green lets you use Svogthos which is really good after a board clearing Damnation. Also allows Putrefy Golgari Rotwurm and other green enchantment/artifact removal.
Dooby12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wandering,but when did Severed Legion go out of T2? Was there something I missed? Last time I looked at mine they were white bordered and had a 9th edition symbol on them and they were on the list to be reprinted(though that could change). Anyway,most of this was built around what I knew would be in 10th edition(ever changing),and didn't know that Lord of the Undead was going to be reprinted. But anyways,thanks for the advice.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always check your cards on Gatherer (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/). Severed Legion is in 8th and ON. So....not T2 legal.
Dooby12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry about that and the rant. That wasn't exactly my best day(neither is today either). Not that it really matters now,but I'm getting ready to post another deck that I think is a little bit better than this one. Let me know what you guys think
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1