Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebel Counter 2.0

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Rebel Counter 2.0 Reply with quote

Here's my updated list on my WU mid-range deck.

Lands
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Nimbus Maze
5 Plains
6 Island
3 Flagstones of Trokair

Creatures
3 Amrou Scout
4 Icatian Javelineers
3 Defiant Vanguard
3 Knight of the Holy Nimbus
3 Serra Avenger
4 Aven Riftwatcher

Spells
4 Remand
3 Rewind
4 Delay
4 Mana Tithe
1 Careful Consideration
2 Condemn

Sideboard
2 Condemn
3 Bound in Silence
3 Trickbind
3 Disenchant
4 Luminthread Field

The maindeck Consideration is for late game fuel. I've been having trouble versus Angelfire, any ideas to solve that? The Luminthread Fields in the sideboard are to counter those annoying Sulfur Elementals.
KeySam

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should think about single rebels i mean you can search them, thinks like zealot il-vec 1 of(or 2-3 to stop aggro better), balista squad 1of, children of corlis 1 of (for some unexpected i gain another round, or as an unexpected dstorm stomper)... i dont like the delay(ok it was good vs my dread return) but i would think about rune snag, rune snag also dont make mana thite absolutly useless in late game. The 1 of careful i dont get at all.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually prefer Mana Leak over Rune Snag for this deck. And for the Consideration, ya it was total garbage... maybe Think Twice as a 2-of.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually prefer Mana Leak over Rune Snag for this deck. And for the Consideration, ya it was total garbage... maybe Think Twice as a 2-of.
Here are the modifications:
- 1 Careful Consideration
- 1 Delay
- 1 Mana Tithe
+ 3 Mana Leak

Sideboard
- 1 Bound in Silence
+ 1 Children of Korlis
Kuberr
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimbus maze really isn't that good with knight of the holy nimbus and serra avenger, although they share a name ironically.
+1 flagstones, +1 plains, +2 adarkar wastes imo.
bgalb

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u want mana tithe in your opening hand, so play 4 of these...
any less then 4 is useless, sence its pretty much dead card in the late game... so play 4 of these or just none
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children of Korlis isn't going to do much of anything against an intelligent Dragonstorm player. If they hit it with the first dragon, then you won't gain any life, and if you have search mana up with a Rebel untapped, they'd waste the 1 damage to kill your rebel first, and then if you searched out a Children, their next dragon would kill it and you'd only gain 4 life back. Not worth it, IMO.
KeySam

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you got the mana untapped(without gigadrowse) you search after the 3. damage and only loose 5 life. And if they kill your searcher with 1 dragon you search in respond to that damage, and he gives you 6 lifes(not the best thing but just fine. And vs aggro it may give you the turn you need to stabilize the board, get in for lethal damage...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1