Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Sight spoiler

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Future Sight spoiler Reply with quote

We got a new legendary sliver:

Sliver Legion - WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Sliver (R)
All Sliver creatures get +1/+1 for each other Sliver in play.

And 2 interesting green cards:

Sprout Swarm - 1G
Instant (C)
Convoke (Each creature you tap while playing this spell reduces its total cost by {1} or by one mana of that creature's color)
Buyback {3} (You may pay an additional {3} as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.

Llanowar Mentor - G
Creature - Elf Spellshaper (U)
{G}, {T}, Discard a card: Put a 1/1 Green Elf Druid creature token named Llanowar Elves into play with "{T}: Add {G} to your mana pool."
1/1
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

If you have a green creature and 4 other creatures out, you can tap them all to play and buy back Sprout Swarm.

Alternately, if you have two Locket of Yesterdays and two Sprout Swarms in your graveyard, you can get infinite Saprolings. Pay a green to get one and buy it back, tap the first Saproling to get a second and buy it back, etc. etc.

The Llanowar Elf maker and the other creatureshapers will be very, very good in limited.

Sliver Legion is, well, at least better than Sliver Overlord...? *and that's not saying much*
Egnirys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no chance of that mogg fanatic mentor -.- Ball Lightning mentor ftw!!
tinman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: replys Reply with quote

no no no no no no squirell mentor oo yah!! Shocked
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the mentors will be making "iconic" common one drops. The Red one is speculated to be Spark Elemental, the white one is speculated to be Suntail Hawk, and the artifact one (supposedly there are 5 and one artifact one) is speculated to make Metallic Sliver. The blue and black ones I believe are still very up in the air, my guess would go with either Imagecrafter, Hapless Researcher, or Sage of Epityr for blue and either Plague Beetle, Blood Pet, or Bog Rats for black.
xDaN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red:spark elemental
blue: flying men
white: suntail hawk
green: llanowar elf
black:festerin goblin

those would make most sense
GarbageDay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red: Raging Goblin
blue: Flying Men
White: Honor Guard?
black: Festering Goblin

I don't know about white, but it wouldn't pop out Suntail Hawks if blue gets flying men. I would assume it would be a soldier since it goes with the suspected theme, with red getting goblins, black zombies, green elves, blue fliers
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sprout swarm is a very bad wurmcalling in non-combo decks
BigBallin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are also some other cards already confirmed in the set

http://mtgsalvation.com/future-sight-spoiler.html
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions on the currently available cards:

imperiosaur looks like it will be insane in TBC (and MGA in t2, for that matter). I heard a rumour that 5/5 for 4 mana is good.

maelstrom djinn is gonna make blink riders a VERY happy tier 2 deck, and will be back breaking damage in limited.

sprout swarm will see no play in t2 (maybe some scrubs with bad decks i dunno but nothing tier 2 or 1) but will see some play in TBC. As for limited, sealed is a slow enough format that it will be good, however in draft it will be merely playable.

sliver legion will be played in "iwanttolosewithslivers.dec" and nothing else.

llanowar mentor will see very limiited play in constructed formats, but will be good in limited.

summoner's pact is excellent in the crypt champion/saffi/essense warden combo, as it lets you find the last piece of the puzzle and play it that turn. This makes it an *excellent*, although very narrow, tutor, except against people with spell burst. This will probably also be excellent in the new-born "UG pickletron" decks, finding thelonite hermits with impunity.

Feel free to tell me how stupid I am, or simply advise on methods of suicide. Thankyou.
SOAD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That spell is awesome, I see it being played in a Ignite memories deck, yeah I can see it, that thing + horny-topter
TD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
imperiosaur looks like it will be insane in TBC (and MGA in t2, for that matter). I heard a rumour that 5/5 for 4 mana is good.

And a false one at that, given that Rumbling Slum is better and sees no play. I’d be surprised if Imperiosaur didn’t see TSBC play, but it will only see constructed play if Lorwyn really is a monocolor block.

The tutor is probably the best card of the lot, but I’m not sure if its actually good or not; it might work in project X as a way to quickly find the piece you need to combo out, and it can find soe mana acceleration, but it isn’t broken inherently I don’t think.
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delay seems like a really good counterspell, almost as good as Remand.
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pact of Negation
Instant
Pact of Negation is blue.
Counter target spell.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay 3UU. If you don't, you lose the game.

If this isn't fake/exaggerated than this is busted in Vintage/Legacy. As good as, if not better than, FoW in combo decks.
Weazle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except you can't use it for the first 5 or 6 turns like you can Force of Will. Well, you can. Then you can lose.

Them: Turn 5, you tapped out on a Tidings so I cast Jitte.
You: PACT OF NEGATION!!!!! (Do your little dance here)
Them:*shrug* Stone Rain... gg
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3