Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rogue Decklists: Bloody Martyr

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Rogue Decklists: Bloody Martyr Reply with quote

Main Deck: 60

Land: 25
4-Urza's Tower
4-Urza's Power Plant
4-Urza's Mine
2-Urza's Factory
4-Flagstones of Trokair
4-Sacred Foundry
2-Plains
1-Mountain

Creatures: 9
4-Martyr of the Sands
4-Weathered Wayfarers
1-Chronosavant

Sorceries: 10
4-Wrath of God
4-Proclamation of Rebirth
2-Demonfire

Instants: 8
4-Condemn
4-Lightning Helix

Enchantments: 1
1-Searing Meditation

Artifacts: 7
4-Howling Mine
3-Thunder Totem

Sideboard: 15
1-Chronosavant
2-Circle of Protection Red
2-Ivory Mask
3-Sacred Ground
3-Disenchant
4-Children of Korlis

Feel free to give me some input. Allowed for splashing for more agro-hate keeping the mono red cards to a minimum so as not to hurt martyr. Kept same # of lands. Added helix for life gain and quicker removal and better late game win condition. I was testing it earlier and it works just the same as normal except I have found the late game is better and it is easier to reach the late game with helix. Searing Med also provides alternate win and removal
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Warden and Children of korlis perhaps?

If your trying to get the damage quick, i reccomend both of them.
You can activate mediation if you gte soul warden out the turn after, and korlis is more or less a damage bouncer.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searing meditation seems like a better win vs control. Since you pack cards in your hand all the time, it's gonna be hard to go out on an uncounterable demonfire.
Bweebwee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd play firemane angel over chronosavant.

EDIT: And probably boros signet over thunder totem.
Meldethar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totems should be Foriysian Totem, not Thunder Totem. 4/4 and can block two creatures is way better than 2/2 flying first strike, especially since the totem takes double colors, which can be troublesome in Tron.

And yeah, Chronosavant should be firemane. lol!

One thing that's gonna hurt is counterspells.
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have children in the board I really haven't had trouble and really needed them main and as for warden seems a tad overkill would rather have the rest of the cards.

Believe it or not sending in that uncounterable demonfire isn't as hard as you would think. Most of the time it is very easy to run cards out of your hand especially post board if you have disenchants in and nothing to play them on except howling mines. So far I have tested the deck in about 3 games and it's 3-0 and 2 of those games the demonfire went in uncounterable.

Yeah firemane is better especially with searing med.

12 cards? Well I suggested some things to your deck and your mana base didn't seem very stable and you had way too many mono red cards and way too many of unnecessary cards and not enough of the necessary ones. I just changed some things towards a more traditional build that can actually win because it has the main portion of the deck that you excluded proc and martyr so really it's the same idea of w/r tron but it doesn't suck.

As for foriysian it is more of a late game card I don't agree with that thunder totem is just a house vs boros and such decks early and that is what it is for however I will test it a bit more with 1-2 copies of foriysian.

Thanks for your suggestions. For anyone else feel free to post your thoughts as long as they are meant to help and not to simply rip on it and say it sucks because those aren't needed and don't help in any way.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1