Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Bushviper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Anti-Control Reply with quote

Im tiered of loosing to the same decks every FNM so I thought I would ask all of you what deck I sould play. The easy part of this is the field is pretty much all control. We have Dragonstorm, UR Tron, Angel Control, heck even Underworld Dreams Control. Notice no agro. I was playing Mono White Control which is amazing vs aggro, but as I said there is no aggro. So what totally kill mostly UR COntrol. WHat I can come up with are:

LD
Discard
Opposing Counters

So, what do you all think? Note that the deck can be just engeeniered to beat control and does not really have to be balanced very much aginst aggro.
kfcman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well
with that ur lookin at a RBU list

start off like this:
4 stupor
4 stone rain
4 cryoclasm
4 Bob
4 remand
4 rune snag/mana leak
and sum other ow drop aggresive creatures
cuz u will need sum sort of clock or all that disruption goes straight down the drain
PhyrePhox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, if u want to beat control, then play good aggro like boros or zoo, they r in the format to beat decks like the ones u just named
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakdos Anti-Control-Control
4 Rakdos Signet
4 Stone Rain
4 Cryoclasm
4 Rakdos Guildmage
4 Nekrataal
4 Avalanche Riders
3 Persecute
3 Stupor
3 Coercion
4 Dark Conifdant
4 Blood Crypt
7 Mountain
11 Swamp

Get out the 2 power beater and shoot spells at them till you win...
Bweebwee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play UG walk the aeons if you want to beat control. It stomps control pretty well. It also doesn't have a horrible matchup vs dragonstorm.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey can you post some decklists?
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
MUC tends to do well in a slower-more control based environment.

also mono black discard is good vs slow control.

However, Black/White discard is the best.

I think that control hates Blue/Green Aggro the most, but I could be wrong.
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/deck/26137/ug_walking_mine.html#UG%20Walking%20Mine6040
that's a decklist of Ug Walking mine wich is pretty good against control...but i'll recomend doing the next change...-3 patagia viper, - 4 simic signet, + 4 call of the herd + 3 ohran viper (call of the herd is betther win condition and you can also discard it EOT when having 8 + cards in hand...and the viper let you draw more cards

MB discard, or BW discard is pretty good aswell in a control enviroment, so is UG counterbeats (not UG scryb-force which i dont know how good is against aggro) and that rakkdhos decklist posted seems intersting but have only a problem...LD is good against control because of birds of paradise and Llanowar elves allowing you LD 2º turn otherwhise a counter is all it takes to screw your game plan

Theres also UR counterburn which is like his name says only burn and counters (remand, mana leak, drawing spels like compulsive research, think twice repeal and burns)
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call of the herd is great vs control. I was testing a control deck and that was one of the cards that gave me the most trouble.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1