Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinisphere+suspend

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
MaitreFlavio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they're not worthless; they're used in Type One a fair bit, but I'll have to do something with that idea.
Ronnan
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to dissapoint you, but u got me wrong
trinisphere does not let u play the spells instead of suspending them; i just meant that u have to pay 3 mana when the last time counter is removed
JonPatton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm pretty sure this works. You can't pay {}, but the the Trini would make it {3}, which is a payable cost. You can play Evermind for {3} too.
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinisphere is a broken card, that's why it's restricted in Vintage. This is a very intersting use for it, although I am not sure it will make it into any decks.
Laplie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onkel420 wrote:
I don't think you can play Evermind for 3 with Trinisphere. It's even stated on Evermind: (Spells without mana costs can't be played.) If it can't be played, then you can't play it for 3. Makes sense? Smile

Actually, this rule was changed with Time Spiral. It now reads something like "spells without mana costs cant be played normally." Otherwise suspend wouldn't work cause you eventually do play suspended cards.

However, trini+suspend card doesn't not mean you can play them directly from your hand. Trinisphere does not change mana costs, it only adds an additional cost. The spells still have a mana cost of 0 so you can't play them normally.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dre4m wrote:
With a Trinisphere in play, your Suspended cards will cost three when the Suspension is over, and you won't be able to play them. Note that Trinisphere does not actually change the casting cost, but simply makes it cost more.

Yea maybe that's true, spells without mana cost don't cost 3 with trinisphere but i'd like to believe to nephillim; surely when u remove the last time counter from a suspended card, if trinisphere is in play, u still play the card WITHOUT PAYING ITS MANA COST Shocked
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspended cards specifically say, that when the last time counter is removed, you may play {this card} without paying its mana cost... the non-costed cards (vision, wheel, etc.) have no cost, so you cant just add 3 to it with sphere, when the last counter is removed, it still should go off normally, without paying anything
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1