Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

an Idea to help

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

Can we Start This?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

lostboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you realize there is a greater need for things you mentioned in third world countries where they've practically never hear of any of those things; not to mention their respective populations are definately greater than that of New Orleans.

Grammar is my friend
AlexTrebek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh people like you... people like you that don't help anyone and then complain about the 3rd world countries... why don't you go there and help them?

America's first responsibility is to take care of uhhh AMERICANS!

P.S. I think many of the people here go to other websites and if they had any intention of donating to the hurricane relief, they would have...
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America is fully capebale of helping itself.

Its hard to sympathise with a guy who is clearly 5 times the weight he should be, sitting on a plastic chair holding an umberella, upto his knees in water. Maybe if he hadnt eatten so much or followed instructions hed of done as suggested and got out of the way of the hurricane in the first place.

However the rib thin ethopean kid could not choose where he was born, no one told him a week before he was going to be born hey dont be born in ethopia, you'll spend most your life in an abject poverty, starving. Much better to be born in America they have all you can eat buffets.

Nobody cares when the rich kid who doesnt know how to share falls in the mud.

The loss of human life is a tragerdy that goes beyond the realm of politics and less these people be victims of harsh words because of the prior actions of the governing bodies of there country. But they will and already have been to them my heart goes out.

The American peoples can reasonably look to no one but the american Government for help, when its Government has denied the rest of the world this very help for so long. Perhaps there is a good that can come of this, the american people need to take along hard look at there government and its attitudes towards the rest of the world if there is.
lostboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you think we're all Americans? And how would you know that I don't donate and such?

Keep the flames down sir. Was just a comment.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty stupid saying america doesnt help anybody. i dont know how much aid we've sent to africa, central america, numerous asian countries, etc. remember the tsunami not long ago? hell, america got bitched at cuz the other countries didnt feel we gave enough. after world war 2 we helped rebuild germany and japan (after we made our point). did the japanese rebuild pearl harbor for us?
you can blame a country's government all you want but dont blame the people that live there. im american. im 5'10 185lbs. thats not overweight. i make ends meet but im not well off. i have a basic high school education and choose not to waste my time taking extra college classes i dont need. i dont agree with a lot my country does, but other than putting my vote in when its time, theres not much i can do. blaming all of the citizens for the governments actions is like blaming all the german people for hitler or all the iraqis for saddam.
Laplie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostboy, America gives more aid than any other country in the world
Bigshow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the WWE, NFL, are helping the Katrina Survivors, and the least the DCI, or M-L, MTGS, or anyone can do is at least send a percentage of the money we use to the relife funds!, like europe can be in this... no?
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im irsh...i honestly don't like USA's war antics but!...americans always help people in need its time that we return the favor....most people didn't leave becuase they simply did not have the money to go anywhere...

Vodka
Bigshow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Irsh, to!!!, and a lil off subject, how do you kill 100 irshmen? throw a bottle of wiskey over a cliff, how to kill 100 more, tell them to bottle isnt broken, but still, america as been there throw thick and thin, i belive that the amount of money the use to restore, countrys and towns, well, they didnt have to use it, the could have but it to health plans and other stuff, but they didnt they helps the needy
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
blaming all of the citizens for the governments actions is like blaming all the german people for hitler or all the iraqis for saddam.

Quote:
When A is democratically elected by B, B is to blame just as A, if you voted for A, you're Ok to be blamed. Power to the people, for good or evil, power to the people...

I dont think rigged elections or voting under the threat of death is considered "democratically elected".
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2