Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wtf with Trial!!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Do you think that the calendar is fair for every body?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Medium
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

iKe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they make every trial on sunday it'll take them a hell of a long time before they make enough trials before the master. But whats with these saturday trials especially ones that start at 8am WTF???? who can wake up at 8am on saturday morning? And who want's to play in a trial on saturday?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of our players connect from America and Europe -
the trial times are connected with these !
Pekken
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of our players come from American and European time zones, and the trial starting times serve them in my opinion quite well. I really don't see why we should change a thing that works.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me as, German pupil - i feel fair with the trial times - those at 7 PM
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wtf with Trial!!! Reply with quote

Ironicus wrote:
I work every day exept sunday, 11½-1½ and 5-9, and all trial begin at 1pm and 8pm...So Trial is for americain?... It still not fair for europe
So you work a split shift 6 days a week? The only way it seems you would be able to play a trial is if it started at 10PM for you (whatever time zone you're in) as a trial is not going to end in 3 1/2 hours between your shifts. It seems like the Trials are actually better scheduled for Europe then America since most people work @1 PM EST on weekdays in America where depending on time zones it's between 1PM - 8AM while it's around 6PM or so in England which is the time most people get off work. So basically if you worked normal hours this wouldn't be a problem for you. Anyways maybe you should be complaining more about having the most horrid split shift I have ever seen.
launamleto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they always make it work out best for the staff.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why there can't be a bit more wiggle in the trial times from day to day, maybe alternating between times that work for Europeans and for Americans. Perhaps a weekday schedule of 6pm, 1pm, 9pm, 7pm, 2pm. That's just an example, a mixture of different times that reach different people. It's certainly better than having every trial at the same time, 1pm. And it's not as if you have to cater to Americans kids that don't work - they can play any time, so long as they're awake.
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually lanum, no. If you notice, staff rarely has time to play in the trials- malkolis hasn't had much time for trials (but has played in some minis), and I've played two in the eleven days I've been back- one of which I won a match and dropped. LordHawk might play one or two trials in the course of a month, though usually only one round at max. Laplie sometimes participates in Eternal format trials, but not too often. Koen goes on and off depending on if he's testing for a big tournament or whatnot. As for nico, Lamex, and Alex: zero. Wildcard is off on leave, so he cannot currently join trials.

When making the calendar we switch off from a few time zones after looking over patterns of what times bring in the most participants. It's never really the times that work out for us but instead based on user turnout.
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link on the home page that looks like a graph. if we run trials to acommidate most people then most people are happy. cant make 1 person happy and the other 200 pissed at us. but im sure that if you request certain times for certain reasons they may run one at a different time than normal. i hardly play in trials. i barely play in minis. i want to but i dont have the time. i look at the calendar to see which trials that i want to play in that are at a good time for me. even if it is not at a good time i make time to play in it. trials are far and few between for me. and yes it sucks not to be able to comfortably play in trials. look at geo visitors and there is on option to "show more pins" (takes a long time to load the page) but in the ehd youll see that its alot of east coast/ west coast / europe. highest concentration. and a few more scattered about. i gotta go...

-LATERS
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1