Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peasant Magic --*post* if you want in. NEED EIGHT PEOPLE

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Who wants peasant magic minis?
I do
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
I don't
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Circa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck finding a judge who wants to run those. I sure as hell don't..
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zardokk wrote:
That would be...stupid. Since you can have anything you want online for no cost.
Just like playing Draft is stupid since you don't get to keep the cards, oh wait, IT'S A GAME. Peasant magic can be fun (as long as no Unglued is allowed since Unglued = Gay) they also have peasant magic side events at some large tourneys. Brain Freeze is banned for being broken and unfun. Library of Alexandria, Berserk, Diamond Valley, Juzam Djinn, and a couple other cards are banned for being very unpeasant. There's a website for the official rules but someone less lazy will have to find it.
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god finaly cheap magic ...

Now I don't need to buy all that expensive cards for playing a mini ... er this is aprentice ! (I voted no Evil or Very Mad Exclamation )
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forreal I wouldn't mind see a Peasant Trial someday. Too bad the errata on Brass Man left a 1 card hole in my peasant deck that I don't think can be filled. Back to the drawing board.
And as far as everyone who thinks this is a budget issue loosen up your ass, it's just another format. I play peasant every once in a while and my collection is around $4-5k.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally for this. One question though. Will it be t2 peasant t1 peasant and so on? Or will it be any card, as long as it's common, and the uncommons, with no format other than "peasant"? And I agree with the loosen up...
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen anything but Legacy rules, regular no Unglued rules (my favorite), and classic peasant (gay w/ Unglued) forms of peasant magic go down IRL. T2/ext would be fairly boring as they basically lack all of the decks that make peasant fun to begin with (while the others have combo/aggro/and control). T1 rules are never used simply because they only basically only restrict Frantic Search and Gush which are not a problem without those gay Unglued Cards (that one that untaps all your lands and the one that has the combo with Flame Fusilade).
Here's the special bannings
Jeweled Bird
Timmerian Fiends
Bronze Tablet
Brain Freeze
Ali From Cairo
Bazaar of Baghdad
Berserk
Candelabra of Tawnos
Diamond Valley
Juzam Djinn
Library of Alexandria
Mana Drain
Mishra’s Workshop

Also Strip Mine counts as an uncommon because of power level.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T2 peasant is the gayest idea I've ever heard, the reason people play Legacy or regular is because they are fun and have Control and Combo decks making it a rounded format where as T2 would only have aggro and would be incredibly boring. Also Strip Mine counts as an uncommon it's not banned, wiser players with massive peasant experience have made this rule and it works. I'm only aware of 2 decks that use Strip Mine in the 4 peasant tourneys I followed and neither one won (though one made it to top 4). You have to think of all the sweet uncommons you could run and most peasant decks have a VERY low mana curve so Strip Mine is not the best choice as an uncommon as it takes of 4 of your precious 5 slots (of course if it was counted as a common everyone would run 4).
eaglewolf

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll host a few every now and then. "other" minis are fun to play in because you actually see some originality in decks.
Rayan

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 any kind of Other formats, except stuff like BYOB or BYOT2, but stuff like highlander, RS, peasant magic, etc, formats where u actually BUILD YOUR DECK ON YOUR OWN, cu I love deckbuilding
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2