Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

infinite life deck in t2.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
blackcat77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: infinite life deck in t2. Reply with quote

Well here go's...anyone who plays combo magic likes infinite life and infinite damage(aluren players I'm talking to you). So out of shere boredoom I began putting a kiki-jikki, tidewater minion deck together. After a little testing i decided that an infinite number of walls wasn't really all that fun. Thats when i remembered and old friend by the name of soul warden. Then in case anyone was trying to annoy me with sway of the stars i added in soulblast. Here's the deck list..

4x kiki-jikki
4x tidewater minion
4x soul warden
4x remand
4x mana leak
4x telling time
4x lighting helix
4x firemane angel
2x honden of cleansing fire
2x soulblast

4x sacred foundry
4x adarkar wastes
4x steam vents
4x shivan reef
4x battle field forge
4x island

If you are a johnny looking for a fun deck you should try it out. Granted it wont win a pro tour but it sure is fun.
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just add blaze?
blackcat77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: well.... Reply with quote

The deck does have access to infinite mana too. So yeah blaze sounds nice. Anyone with any other ideas let me hear them.
blackcat77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

Well Alucart there is a loop if you pay attention to how kiki is worded(at end of turn). You make all your tokens when your opponent puts his end of turn abilities on the stack. Its the same principle as seeker of skybreak kiki. Then you use the million or so minions to untap a land....and re-venge rally the rightious wouldn't work cause the tokens are all still walls...but if you do as above you can have the old tokens make mana so that the new ones can attack. however i think rally could fit in nicely if you want it to. Also remember if the minion is out you can untap lands to get 1 or 2 extra mana if need be.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this deck, and obviously I agree that it's not going to be a hugely powerful deck. But here's a list I think would be more optimal:

Creatures:
x4 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
x4 Tidewater Minion
x4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
x4 Birds of Paradise

Other:
x2 Blaze
x4 Kodama's Reach
x3 Sensei's Divining Top
x3 Compulsive Research
x4 Remand
x4 Mana Leak

Land:
x4 Steam Vents
x4 Stomping Ground
x4 Yavimaya Coast
x5 Forest
x3 Mountain
x4 Island

Sideboard:
x3 Keiga, the Tide Star
x3 Meloku the Clouded Mirror
x2 Iwamori of the Open Fist
x4 Vinelasher Kudzu
x3 Umezawa's Jitte

I went for the transformational sideboard, because the deck pretty much loses to a resolved Cranial Extraction. I think Top should be an obvious inclusion, and I found green to be a better third color, because of the mana fixing. It's always better to find the mana rather than wait for it.

This is a great casual deck to play, as well a fairly simple. You have multiple ways of winning off of the same combo.
- Bejeezus
blackcat77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: I like the green Reply with quote

I ran green as well as white at first. The mana fixing is a great idea. I also thought about going Blue/Red. Using train of thought and pyrotechnics along with more counters(hinder). So i think i'll build both versions and post which one has better results. The originial has a 6-3 record so far casual.
Lackeos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Then in case anyone was trying to annoy me with sway of the stars i added in soulblast"

Nope, that's an overactive imagination. Who would play Sway of the Stars?
Meldethar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidewater Minion + Freed from the Real + Izzet or Dimir Karoo + Blaze/Consume Spirit = GG Very Happy
blackcat77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: deck seems to have spawned a copy.. Reply with quote

Well my deck seems to have created a new deck that is on todays homepage. I like the way it runs but they aren't running it the way i think it could be good. Sky hussar will really make the deck that much better(sorry minion gotta new buddy). Need to talk to the guys who built this version to get ideas forming. Anyone who happens to be trying either version tell me how you are faring.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1