Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1700- trials who is in favor?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

should we have a 1700 or lower tiral
IM IN FAVOR
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
HELL NO
53%
 53%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 28

WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: 1700- trials who is in favor? Reply with quote

this is a league for players. you decide how the league runs in the long run. ive been trying to talk to the tourney coordinator but havent been able to reach him, if we get enough vote then itll change.
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW check something for me:

http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php
SOAD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of Trials, make good players that doesnt have 1700+ yet. Cant get those points that faster.

And in other side, its Magic, and some logical lawys says the its a froo game no restriction must be given to it, thats why even the Master in M-L is for all players.

Tecnically the only tournaments that are restricted in the case of points or especial entrance are those high tourneys like Nationals, Pro-Tours, and Worlds.
Ichi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Why Reply with quote

why must people fight this for selfish reasons. do these people not care for this league at all and want discrimination all over? Do we not have enough discrimination in this world because of color, race, religion, or for other reasons? I say hell yes to this for many reasons but most of all to keep this league together for all the people. not just the high rated ones that think they are tough shit.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love what a big deal this is. I am against the 1700+ tourneys. It's really not fun to wait an hour and a half for a mini to start, only to see I can't play. And as before mentioned: this is a free site (thank god) and if your gonna discriminate, maybe there should be more reward for a higher rating.
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!! OMG!! REWARD PEOPLE FOR LOSING!!!

The league is attempting to be a more competitive place with invitationals and such, and trying to maintain its place as premiere online league. Making ratings matter more is a natural part of this. Making losing a positive is not part of this goal and not logical in any way. Ace, you making this akin to discrimination for color, race, or religion is not only a horrendous analogy but offensive (not to me but probably to eaglewolf). Though I think 3 1700+ trials is excessive, ace's campaign is ridiculous and not based in logic or reality, only on his desire to martyr himself.
Shyft-
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: I have a third response Reply with quote

My reply is "It doesn't really f***ing matter because I can't play any of the Trials on Magic-League anyway because I live in the US on the West Coast"

=/ How the hell am I even supposed to play anything in this league when not ONE SINGLE TRIAL is scheduled for 6 pm pst =/. And then the weekend ones always seem to be scheduled at ridiculous times like 5-8 am which is just too early.

There's my reply. Run all the "crap players only" trials you want.
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it

this is like golf in many ways. you have the amatuer division, the tournaments where you have to have a gold tour card and such, and tournaments where anyone can play like the us open. i think its great. they arent rewarding people who lose...that has to be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. it gives people a chance who dont want to spend 8 hours a day on magic-league to compete on there own skill level.

i dont see why this is bad in anyway.
PV
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with buffalo. In face, he agrees with me, before he just posted what I said some hours ago.

While a case could be made for having all the trials avaliable for everybody, 1700- trials can't ever be acceptable. ONe thing is rewarding people for winning - 1700+ trials - they cared about rating and they are being rewarded for that. You cant play? Work harder next time, it's not like it's hard to get to 1700. You had your shot to be 1700, I'm sure. I am not qualified to the master - so I can't play! I wasn't good enough, or I didn't try enough, what can I do? Just like you werent good enough or didn't try enough to play in this specific trial (ace and others who were complaining).

Saying that this restricts people is ridiculous. Just like wizards of the coast gives rating invites, magic-league is giving a higher chance to get invites to people with high (not so) rating. Nothing wrong with that.

1700- trials are stupid because they reward people who didn't work. Besides, if someone wants to be 1700-, all they have to do is join 15 minis and not playing in any of them, not that difficult. I am STRONGLY against it.
Pollo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we plz have 1 less crappy format trial AKA t1, t1.5, all "other" to have one more t2; 1 crappy format each week is more than enought...

And, Just remove restrictions of trials... !
Buffalo_Wing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollo. no. 9/14 standard trials is ridiculous. Like, i am in favor of out of 14 trials: 2 sealed(/draft pls!!), 2-3 eternal, 1 fun format, 2-3 constructed non-t2, and 6 t2. There are plenty of chances to play heartbeat, not be fayul, and win your invite in standard even with only 6 standard trials. caps are for seriouser posts
Televator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not in favor for the 1700- tournaments, but I also think that 1700+ is ridiculous. First of all, if you are 1700+ you should be able to beat someone with a 1550 rating anyhow, so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to play. Secondly, playing better is already rewarded through the prizes that winners receive in the master. Third, I would say that the 1600-1700 demographic is the majority of the players in the league. If they aren't allowed to play in trials, of course they are going to be upset. The 1700+ players are already winning most of the trials and getting byes anyway, why not let everyone at least be able to try every day if they want to?
PV
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1700- trials are awful ways to get rating since all the ppl have poor rating

Isn't it obvious?
Draconis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont agree with -1700 trial because in my opinion its rewarding people for not being good. If there sould be restrictions it should be +1700. I at the moment only have 1660 rating but ppl should be rewarded for having high rating not punished
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a retarded idea. Oh well I can see that to much crying was going on. So now we cater to scrubs for the INVITATIONAL. Most people don't seem to get that trials are all about getting byes in the Masters or invites. Now someone who is good enough to have a 1700+ rating but doesn't play much will get rewarded with an invite, either that or someone will break out account #2 and go to town.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2