Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 336

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Create a Card 336 Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Thanks Saurgoth!

Challenge: Create a Legendary Creature that you would want as your commander.

Remember to include card rarity. Good luck!

Name- Nariel the Daring
Type: Legendary Creature: Elf
Mana Cost: 2GG
P/T: 1+*/2+*
Forestwalk
* is equal the the amount of Elves you control
Elves you control have +1/+1 and Forestwalk
2G TAP: Search your library or an Elf creature card, reveal it, and put it into your hand.
Rarity: Mythic

Her legion is the fiercest in the woods, but you don't see them until they have won.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bar'th the Island King 2WUB
Legendary Creature - Demon R
Islandwalk
Sacrifice Bart the Island King: Each opponent discards a card and exile a nonland permanent.
“Sometimes it is easier to feel the veins wilted and empty than to sense the coldness of blood in fear” ― Munia Khan
5/5

Last edited by Thelemys on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
the_hetero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Create a Card 336 Reply with quote

Bixa, Lizard Eternal - 1BRG - Mythic Rare
Legendary Creature - Dinosaur Berserker
First Strike
Bixa, Lizard Eternal can't be countered by spells or abilities your opponents control.
Creatures you control have haste.
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, Bixa, Lizard Eternal deals damage to target non-legendary creature equal to the number of creatures on the battlefield.
5/4
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballard the 5th - 1UWR - Mythic
Legendary Creature - Human Spellshaper

2W, T Discard a card: Detain up to 2 target creatures.

2RR, T Discard a card: Deal 3 damage to target creature or player, scry 1.

4UUU, T Discard a card: Draw 3. Ballard the 5th gains shroud until end of turn.

3/4

Last edited by Jinete_dV on Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland, Master of Warfare WWRG

Legendary Creature - Knight [Mythic Rare]

Knights you control get +1/+1 and have first strike.

WRG: Target creature you control fights another target creature.

2WRG, T: During the next combat you choose which creatures attack, which creatures block, and how they all do so.

3/3
Grok

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiden, Commander of the Wall --- 2RW

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Mythic)

Defender, Reach

Whenever a creature you control is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target creature or player.

Creatures your opponents control attack you each combat if able.

2/6
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kralos, Dungeon Keeper--4WB--Legendary Creature--Human Rogue
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target creature.
Whenever a creature attacks you and is not blocked, you may prevent all combat damage delt by that creature until end of turn. If you do, return a creature at random exiled by Kralos to the battlefield under their control.
4/4
Csquared08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetheros, Orzhov Treasurer WWBB

Legendary Creature - Cleric (M)

Extort

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 1/1 white and black Cleric creature token with Extort onto the battlefield.

Whenever you Extort, you may pay WW. If you do, put a 1/1 white and black Cleric creature token with Extort onto the battlefield.

Whenever you Extort, you may pay BB. If you do, target player draws a card and loses a life.

What's yours is mine.

0/4
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging?
Grok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While most of these submissions were really cool and creative, I think it would help some of you to review Mark Rosewater's Design 101 article:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr68

The main issue with the designs I see on these forums are that people are trying to fit way too many abilities on each card. Most of these commanders are self-contained combos, which kind of takes away from deck building; what's the point of finding synergistic interactions if your commander can draw cards, kill creatures, and win the game by itself? Every game will play out exactly the same way.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exact, legend like Sol'kanar the Swamp King!

go next!
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok wrote:
While most of these submissions were really cool and creative, I think it would help some of you to review Mark Rosewater's Design 101 article:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr68

The main issue with the designs I see on these forums are that people are trying to fit way too many abilities on each card. Most of these commanders are self-contained combos, which kind of takes away from deck building; what's the point of finding synergistic interactions if your commander can draw cards, kill creatures, and win the game by itself? Every game will play out exactly the same way.
That idea kinda goes out of the window when you're specifically designing legendary creatures to be edh commanders, look a the commanders WotC has printed in their commander products. "Most of these commanders are self-contained combos"
Grok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinete_dV wrote:
That idea kinda goes out of the window when you're specifically designing legendary creatures to be edh commanders, look a the commanders WotC has printed in their commander products. "Most of these commanders are self-contained combos"

It's true that some commanders designed by Wizards have a lot of text, but all of their abilities are related and support each other. Those designs are mostly elegant, inspire new deck archetypes, and don't literally do everything by themselves (you still need to include synergistic cards to break Derevi, for example).

Here are some insightful guidelines specifically about designing commanders from a well regarded blog that focuses on EDH design theory:

http://beaconofcreation.tumblr.com/post/103592577062/some-commander-design-guidelines
Grok

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, the guy who runs the Beacon of Creation tumblr weighed in on our designs:

http://beaconofcreation.tumblr.com/post/132237005097/commander-design-contest-on-magic-league?utm_medium=email&utm_source=html&utm_campaign=submission_published&utm_term=respond_link
Csquared08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree that my guy had too many abilities. However, the OP said "a commander you would want," so I just figured I could get away with too many things in favor of making it something I would want. And I definitely love the idea of just slowly getting a ton of value off Extort.

If it weren't for that, I'd probably find a way to combine the "If you Extort, you may pay" abilities into one, and I'd probably have to cut the flavor text. I think the remainder would fit on a card, but it's not something I'm sure on.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2