Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP Charlotte

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Livermush

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: GP Charlotte Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, had a lot of life-issues come up, been handling them as well I ever do. I'm posting to ask for help from anyone who knows me. I've been testing for the last year for GP Charlotte which is June 12-14, and as we're a few weeks away, I'm in now way prepared: I don't have my deck in paper and I don't have any hope of getting the $60 entry.

If you can help even just a little in either area, I might be able to convince one of my friends or family to chip in the rest. I know its dumb, but it means a lot to me to be able to play.

I'm running "Stompy" (Mono Green Aggro, but people are calling it that) and the tentative list is this:

22 Forest
4 Dryad Militant
4 Experiment One
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Leatherback Baloth
4 Dungrove Elder
4 Avatar of the Resolute
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Aspect of Hydra
3 Scavenging Ooze
3 Setessan Tactics
SB: 4 Unravel the AEther
SB: 3 Guttural Response
SB: 4 Beast Within
SB: 4 Feed the Clan

I've tested it extensively and this is the most cost-effective chance I can give myself. If you can help with any of these cards, please let me know. That and my entry fee are the obstacles, I live half an hour away and will have no problem getting a ride.

Sorry to come beg, but I'm out of options.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude how old are you? Information like that could change people's willingness to help you.
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 28, does that matter?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly doesn't stop you from asking. It's just I personally would be a lot more willing to help 12-15 year old kid who does not really have the opportunity to raise the money for himself. Not knowing anything about your circumstances I'm not going to say anymore than that.
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to help, then don't comment.
Grok

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cut the four most expensive cards in the deck (Dungrove, Ooze, Guttural, Beast Within) you can bring the cost down to less than $30, which is not very much money so I'm sure you can borrow it from someone in your family. You should be able to find suitable replacements (Burning Tree Emissary, Wistful Selkie, Kalonian Tusker, etc).

GPs have plenty of side events, so I would recommend ordering the cards from TCGPlayer now, hitching a ride to the GP, and signing up for one of the $20 Modern side events, which again I'm sure your family can spot you. You'll still have fun, and you'll be spending $50 instead of $200.
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Give Plasma Reply with quote

You can get always sell your plasma for $100 bucks. I used to do it all the time when I was in the Army. You only got $20 back in those days. I think first time you give you get $100 then $50 a shot after that. You can give plasma 2X per week. Google for the plasma centers in your area. You could have the money for your trip in one week easy.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Give Plasma Reply with quote

kamphgruppe wrote:
You can get always sell your plasma

lol do you have to be healthy to give blood?
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just no blood born pathogens like HIV or HEP C. They will ask you questions like do you have any risky behaviors like sharing needles etc. If you are a fairly normal person it will be no problem.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Give Plasma Reply with quote

saurgoth wrote:
kamphgruppe wrote:
You can get always sell your plasma

lol do you have to be healthy to give blood?

You also have to be a US citizen, plus you can not be gay.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1