Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 316 - Diminishing Marginal Utility - Judged

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
saurgoth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: CaC 316 - Diminishing Marginal Utility - Judged Reply with quote

Create a card that gets weaker as you use it.

As always, bonus points for creativity and flavor; minimum requirements: fits the description, is printable, is comprehensible.

Last edited by saurgoth on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temporal Aberration | {U/R}{U/R}{U/R}
Creature - Time Weird (Rare)

Haste

Attenuation (Whenever Temporal Aberration becomes tapped, put a -1/-1 counter on it..)

When Temporal Aberration dies, it deals X damage to each player where X is four minus the number of cards named Temporal Aberration in all graveyards.

5/4

Last edited by Livermush on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spore Witch - 3BB
Creature - Human Wizard (Uncommon)
B, Tap: Put a -1/-1 counter on Spore Witch and target creature.
4/5
I should have learned this, she thought. I wanted to learn fire, and pain, but I should have learned people. - Terry Pratchett, I Shall Wear Midnight
kenny18O

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oil cauldron 5

artifact - rare

fading 7 (This artifact enters the battlefield with seven fade counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fade counter from it. If you can't, sacrifice it.)

tap, remove a fade counter from oil cauldron : oil cauldron deal damage to target creature equal to the number of fade counter on oil cauldron.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refracting Mirror 5

Artifact [Rare]

Imprint -- When Refracting Mirror enters the battlefield, exile target creature.

X, T: Put a copy of the imprinted creature onto the battlefield. Then put X -1/-1 counters on that creature and each creature that shares a name with it. X is the number of copies of the imprinted creature on the battlefield.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gem Beach
Land R
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool and add a Gem counter on Gem Beach.
1, T: Remove a Gem counter on Gem Beach.
At the begining of any opponent's upkeep, he or she may add X mana of any color to his or her mana pool, where X is the number of Gem counter on Gem Beach.
They were as numerous as the sand of the beaches...
The more you use it, the more it may cost to you.

Last edited by Thelemys on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
IvanDano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decaying Automaton

Uncommon

Artifact Creature - Construct

When Decaying Automation enters the battlefield, place 4 +1/+1 counters on it.

Whenever Decaying Automation attacks or blocks, remove a +1/+1 counter on it.

0/0

Last edited by IvanDano on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Canabiest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languid Snapper
2GG
Creature - Turtle
Uncommon

Languid Snapper doesn't untap during it's controller's untap step.

5/5

"It has been sleeping out by the village for generations no other animal goin near it. Still the palisade facing the Snapper is the best guarded."
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's next? This CAC is sleeping!
saurgoth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks about tapped, I'll have to call it soon. (Still accepting entries until I get around to judging.)
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix Elemental - 1R
Creature - Elemental (rare)
Helix Elemental can't block.
Whenever Helix Elemental attacks, spells your opponents control cost (5) less to cast untill the beginning of your next turn.
5/5
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saurgoth?
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys wrote:
saurgoth?

ohhaidere. Sorry, I got caught up with playing actual Magic now that this site supports a play app that's usable.

--Judging--
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iSperia - Helix Elemental
Every time you use (attack with) it, something bad happens, so it sort of fits, but it's just the same bad thing happening each time. I'm trying to figure out how the name and abilities work together, but a DNA molecule that can't block and powers your opponent's stuff doesn't make much sense to me. This is a card that could have used flavor text.

Dr_Moo - Thran Outpost
This is a nice design. Without the shock ability, it's strictly weaker than a Thran Dynamo, so this makes good sense from a power level. Yes, the once-per-turn restriction is necessary, and you've constructed a unique way of "using" the card so that it becomes weaker. I like it.

Canabiest - Languid Snapper
I just want to say I'm glad to see a creature. This one doesn't really fit the bill, though. You use it once, then it's weaker b/c you can't use it a second time. Not a winning submission, but very well-written flavor text!

IvanDano - Decaying Automaton
Yup, that's pretty basic. See Clockwork Beetle et al.
Also, LOL! Placing the counters as a triggered ability doesn't work so well Smile

Stucco - Karn, Corrupted Tyrant
Well done on the walker. Negative loyalty abilities "weakens a card as you use it" in a very obvious way that I didn't anticipate at all. I like that both of his activated abilities are negative and that there's also a way to recover some loyalty. Poor synergy, though, between the artifact destruction trigger and granting indestructible. Also, the -4 would need to be tweaked to prevent Mr. Karn from gobbling your opponents lands and Moxes with such ease. So far, you're trailing only Dr. Moo.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2