Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 309 judged!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: CaC 309 judged! Reply with quote

isperia:

Deepwater Scientist - (U)
Creature - Merfolk Artificer (rare)
T: Untap target artifact. You may put a charge counter on it.
1/1

I love the idea of messing with charge counters, especially because I play 4 CoTV in my merfolk build. Could indeed really ramp up with vial.

8/10 Still don't think its powerful enough to make merfolk tir 1. Maybe I am wrong though and there is a 3rd artifact besides vial and challice that would get included to make this insane, but I am not seeing it. I fear too often you would tick up a CoTV up to 2 to counter something, then all the dead removal trapped in their hand would just hit this guy and make it so you can't cast most of youur deck.

Derflippi:

pirating Merfolk - U
Creature - Merfolk Rogue (Rare)
Other Merfolk you control have Islandwalk and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, draw a card."
1/1

9.5/10

OMFG this is perfect, STILL may not be strong enough but man o man is it better than cursecatcher. This is really exactly what merfolk needs, and is making me realize that perhaps there is no one-drop good enough to bring it up to tir-one alone. Maybe if it had "whenever another merfolk enters the battlefield, target land becomes an island until the end of target opponent's turn"?

Strider:

Ignis, the Merfolk Traveller U

Legendary Creature - Merfolk | Rare

When Ignis, the Merfolk Traveller enters the battlefield, put a Land - Island token tapped onto the battlefield under an opponent's control.

If there are 4 or more islands on the battlefield, Ignis, the Merfolk Traveller has islandwalk.

4/4

This is great and would probably do it, except that I fear delver would just start packing 4. Can you imagine the terror of delver having a 4/4 for U? Shit, cruise burn may even play this, and zoo and even fae, shitn perhaps even legacy esper stoneblade. I fear this would just further the gap between merfolk and other great blue agro decks

7/10

Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Merrow Informer U
Creature - Merfolk Wizard R
Whenever an opponent searches, shuffles or looks at a card of his or her library, draw a card for each Merfolk you control.
"Knowledge is power."
1/1

Wow this is nutty, fits the bill perfect! YES YES YES, this is what I was looking for 10/10. If cruise decks can keep a full hand then shit, merfolk can too goddamnit! May be a little too OP, but the meta would adapt and merfolk would stay a very real tir 1 deck for a long time. BINGO

lets home someone gets an 11!

The hetero: I love the changes you made, really hoses the fuck out of pod. This would do it, and you probably would have won except its only insanly great and not the semi-brokenness I was looking for and that merfolk needs to join the ranks of UR delver, burn, and pod as an equal. God id love to play this and amazing entry, someone else just made something else I like better though without seeing *that* card I didn't think it was possible. So many great entries, this too gets a 9.5/10 though it would have gotten a 10/10 if it was before Pirating merfolk and I would have had to give that one a 10.5/10. As amazing as this is, merfolk is really in a bad shape not being able to fully utilize cruise itself due to a streamlined core and no room for draw/cantrips. Amazing entry though you should be proud. Although if you would put the card text in full-card pic submissions they would be easier to judge, just a heads up for next time.

huntergatsby:

Malygon, Merfolk Trickster U

Legendary Creature: Merfolk Wizard (MR)

Flash

When Malygon, Merfolk Trickster enters the battlefield, counter target activated or triggered ability.

2/1

A strictly better stifle with legs, loving it and would def be an auto-include in all merfolk lists. Still wouldn't be enough to make modern merfolk tir 1 sadly, though I may be wrong because a 1-mana instant speed sinkhole attacked to a 2/1 is really good. Merfolk just is too agro and not disrupty/controlly enough in modern for this to be what it really needed, though god fucking damn this would do the trick in legacy too.

9.5/10, great submission you should be proud.

AxiomBlurr:

Riverforce Merrow U

Creature - Merfolk - Rare

U, Discard a Merfolk card: Counter target spell.

2/1

wow you guys are making this hard, I am just now comparing everything to filling up your hand every search, scry and tutor. This is a great card too, though sadly one of the decks main weaknesses is often you keep great cards with only 2-3 fish in them and they just all get picked and you can never get enough out again to make them big enough to do enough damage. Discarding a lord to save a lord really doesn't help that, though this is another terrific submission

9.5/10

saurgoth:

Marsh Merrow U/G

Creature - Plant Merfolk [C]

Tap: Add U to your mana pool.

1/1

Decent and better than cursecatcher in modern probably, but not the heinous all-star I was looking for. Love how it sounds like marshmallow though haha good work.

8/10

xJudicatorx:

Winged Merrow U
Creature - Merfolk Soldier

Kinship - At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Winged Merrow, you may reveal it. If you do, Winged Merrow gains flying and gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of Merfolk you control.

Great card and way better than cursecatcher, though kinship is kinda iffy and unreliable. Maybe if it just didn't have kinship and did that every upkeep.

9/10

Julio_julio:

Shipwreck Sarcophakin
(U/B)
Merfolk Zombie Spirit
2/2
Haste, Vanishing 1
Exile three target cards from any players' graveyards: Return Shipwreck Sarcophakin from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
"One Man's body is another Merfolk's treasure."

Great card too, would def see play in merfolk. Though not what merfolk needs and would prob just be SB tech in delver

8/10

cannabiest:

Sea Trench Strangler
U
Creature - Merfolk Rogue
Uncommon

Whenever you cast a Merfolk spell, you may switch Sea Trench Strangler's power and toughness until end of turn.

1/3

don't think its better than cursecatcher, though good enough to be a preference thing some may think it is. Maybe if it just got +2/0, MAYBE

7.5/10

Livermush:

Quest for the Merfolk Champion | U
Tribal Enchantment - Merfolk (Mythic)

When a Merfolk enters the battlefield under your control, put a quest counter on Quest for the Merfolk Champion.

Remove four quest counters from Quest for the Merfolk Champion and sacrifice it: put a blue Merfolk Champion creature token onto the battlefield with shroud and "This creature's power and toughness are equal to the number of Merfolk you control".

Boo, not at all it sorry. It could probably put a 10/10 mefolk giant into the battlefield and still just get chumped all day and not be what merfolk needs.

4/10

Great submissions people, I really had to do a lot of thinking on this one. at least 3 or 4 amazing submissions that only lost due to the perfection of Thelemys submission!

Thelemys WINS
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG all, I post next game
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it a little frustrating that the winning card is improperly formatted. And absurdly overpowered.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each judge has his weakspot.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
absurdly overpowered

Yeah a 1-mana Bident is never seeing print. And I thought you'd win as soon as I read Winged Merrow.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1