Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mana Less Dredge

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Hephaestus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Mana Less Dredge Reply with quote

I am going to a big legacy event soon and I am playing manaless dredge and just wanted to make sure I have a couple interaction correct:

1. If I have [nether shadow, ichorid, street wraith, stinkweed imp, cabal therapy] in my graveyard (in bottom top order), I need to stack the ichorid ability then the shadow for them both to come back right? because then on resolution shadow etb, then I exile street wraith and ichorid comes in. Yea/Na

2. Cabal therapy: when I cast do I have to name the card and the target player before my opp responds/allows to resolve? or just the target player? or neither?

3. Can my opp wait for me to exile a creature (trying to bring back ichorid) then use DRS to exile the ichorid? thus forcing me to exile 2 creatures

Any other important dynamics/interactions to the deck I should be aware of?

I will be testing for awhile leading up to the event so I will probably post follow up questions.

Thanks!
_Godica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes, if you return Ichorid first Shadow will "fizzle."
2. You name on resolution. If they ask you to name, and then try to respond, tell them no. Declaring a target is part of casting a spell, just like paying costs etc, so of course you have to do that before they respond.
3. No, they can't. Ichorid is a triggered ability, but the trigger that can be responded to is "if Ichorid is in your graveyard..." not "if you do...".

There are probably other important interactions, since Legacy is a wide format with all sorts of unusual stuff. However, not having played the deck myself, I'm not sure what all of them might be. It also seems like you might not be super familiar with the Legacy format (being unsure how Cabal Therapy works is usually a good indicator of this), in which case I wouldn't know where to start.

Good luck in your event.
Hephaestus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah as I test I am coming up with different questions and plan to keep adding to this thread. I am not very familiar with the legacy format put I have seen the deck played quite a bit but its not the same as actually piloting, so some short cuts and different lines of play escape me.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1