Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 280 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: CAC 280 Judged Reply with quote

Soundgarden wrote:

If a player would draw one or multiple cards, he or she may choose to draw those cards from the bottom of his or her library instead. If he or she chooses to do so, he or she loses 1 life for each card drawn this way.

"You may take the stairs... if you dare..."
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots

It sure has some combo potential without being overly powerful. I can see people trying to build around it and I see a lowish powerlevel as well, even if it is a unique ability. Interesting enough overall.
6/10

Stucco wrote:
Ever-evolving Cradle........1UGG
Enchantment........................R

Whenever you cast a creature spell, reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal a creature with the same converted mana cost as the casted creature, put it onto the battlefield.

As the rifts continued to spread, an event epicenter began to emerge.

A Call of the Wild variant is something Wizards does often for the spot we are going for here. And this one works. Not too exciting but everything works.
6/10

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Ephara's Temple Guard 3W
Creature - Human Soldier
tap : Target unblocked attacking creature becomes blocked. Untap it.
Come back another day, Sir.
2/1

This one works from a flavor standpoint I'd say from the naming as well as the ability. It hits the underpowered but niche playable limited criteria.
7/10

Bejeezus wrote:
Battlefield Engineer | W

Creature - Soldier (C)

W, T: Untap target creature.

1/1

Not too powerful, but not that underpowered either. Depending on the format. The engineering part works with the ability flavorwise but only having Soldier as a creature type does lose flavor points.
5/10

iSperia wrote:
D'Artanjan, the Musketeer (3WW)
Legendary Creature - Human Musketeer
First Strike
Whenever D'Artanjan, enters the battlefield, put three 1/1 white Human Musketeer creature tokens with First Strike onto the battlefield
1/1
One for all, all for one!

Four First Striking power is not a low pick in limited i would say, it might even do some comboing. Works as a flavorful adaption of the source material of course, you might even have gotten away without naming him in reference.
Still a bit too powerful in the mechanics.
5.5/10

Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Counting Sheep 1W
Enchantment U
At the beginning of each end step, each player may put a 0/1 white Sheep creature token onto the battlefield.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...Zzz

Credit art: me

You certainly did your own art. So appreciation for that. It seems more like an un-card though. It will quickly crowd the board and make attacking on the ground pretty hard. I could see it work in some fliers deck even, which is niche enough. The whole concept is likeable too.
6.5/10

pseudodespot wrote:
Junica, Hydra Huntress 1RG

Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (rare)

When ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, ~ gets +1/+1 for each counter on that creature until end of turn.

While other accomplished hunters have a trophy wall for each species, she needs one for each monster slain.

2/3

She isn't a very impressive legend for sure, depending on the format she might even serve a role as a foil to some strategies. I like the flavor though and she is on the lower powered end for a rare.
6/10

Bairdsy wrote:

Toad Away
B
Instant
Common

Destroy target frog.
What happens when a frog breaks down?[/i]

It surely is underpowered and hits the Goatnapper niche of someone actually wanting to use it. Too bad that the most powerful Frog, Plaxcaster Frogling can defend itself against this. A bit too niche still.
5.5/10

saurgoth wrote:
Miracola, God of the Suds .............. UUUU
Legendary Creature Enchantment - God ... M
Indestructible

As long as you control fewer than five Beebles, Miracola isn't a creature.

Beebles you control can't be blocked as long as defending player [needs to bathe, or] controls a planeswalker.

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 1/1 blue Beeble creature token onto the battlefield.

2/2

Too silly to work for me as a flavor thing. Especially as a god. Even if I do not dislike Beebles. But this is going too much into Un- Territory.
4/10

sc4rs wrote:
Mysterious Clock
Artifact - Uncommon
At the beginning of your upkeep, put an hour counter on Mysterious Clock.
At the beginning of your end step, if Mysterious Clock has thirteen or more hour counters, sacrifice Mysterious Clock and take an extra turn after this one.
Is it striking thirteen, or a new hour completely?

This is a flavorful card that can be made to work in the right deck. I like the whole card. Not sure if uncommon is exactly right, but it does seem okay.
8/10

ShamedShadow wrote:
Veil-Cursed Marshes

Legendary Enchantment Land - Swamp [Rare]

(T: Add B to your mana pool.)

Creatures get -1/-1.

Way too much power here for the contest.
3/10

Selkie wrote:
Blinding Snowstorm - 1W

Snow Sorcery

Prevent all combat damage that would occur this turn.

All attacking and blocking creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.

I do not think that I like a Snow Sorcery that is this subtype for nothing. Being a sorcery makes it not do very much. Of course you might sometimes attack if you have somethig to gain from a trigger, but otherwise it again is too niche to be likeable. Works from a flavor standpoint in some way though, representing a snow storm.
4.5/10

Duodax wrote:
Llanowar Elder GG

Creature - Elf Druid COMMON

T: Add G to your mana pool.

2/2

Not much of an interesting or likeable card. Also not all that underpowered really.
4/10

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Insipidity 1U

Sorcery - Uncommon

Target creature becomes a basic Island until end of turn.

As weak as water.

It is an interesting effect and can serve multiple roles. I like it.
8/10

BIRDYYY wrote:
Tick Tick Tick! (Rare)
(Artifact) (5)

(2) put a charge counter on Tick Tick Tick!.
(1) remove a charge counter to deal 1 damage to target creature.

If there are 10 or more charge counters on Tick Tick Tick!, sacrifice it and it deals 99 damage to all creatures and 9 damage to target player.

Seems annoying and has too much going on for me. But yeah it works as a time bomb flavorwise and gives you the decision if you want the repeatable damage or the board wipe.
Your wording isn't the best though, so there are a few things that aren't exactly clear about the cards mechanics.
5/10

The winner is AxiomBlurr and the runner up is sc4rs
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooooooooooo next. GG all.
Selkie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it a sorcery? I'm an idiot. It should have been an instant.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, feel free to open the next one!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1