Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC #269 R A N DO M // JUDGED

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: CAC #269 R A N DO M // JUDGED Reply with quote

In this CAC I ask you to make a card that :

1/ use the word "random", this CAC is centered on randomness

2/ is clean, simple

3/ the card must be playable in a competitive game but not overpowered, the card must be printable

4/ has a flavourfull design, any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead

5/ be creative, make something new, smart, fun: make me laught (no unhinged card please)

Good luck everyone, I'll judge with those 5 criterias and my heart!

Last edited by Thelemys on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duodax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearthstone FTW

Tinkmaster Overspark 1UR MYTHIC RARE

Creature - Dwarf Artificer

When Tinkmaster Overspark enters the battlefield, another target creature loses all abilities and becomes a green 1/1 Squirrel creature or a blue 5/5 Drake creature, chosen at random.

2/2
Strid3r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young Alchemist 1U

Creature - Rare

As Young Alchemist comes into play, roll a 20-sided die.

On 1, sacrifice Young Alchemist and it deals 1 damage to each creature and player.

If the number is even, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.

If the number is divisible by 3, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it and gains flying.

On 20, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield as a 7/7 Legendary Black Vampire Horror Creature named Frankenstein with flying, trample, haste, lifelink and protection from white.

1/2

If 6, 12 or 18 is rolled, it enters as 3/4 with flying.

Last edited by Strid3r on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:58 am; edited 3 times in total
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innovative Research - 1UR
Sorcery (rare)
Reveal top 4 cards of your library. Your opponent divides that cards into two piles. (Piles may be empty)
Put the pile chosen at random into your hand. Then put the other pile into your graveyard.
In the chase for knowledge, its ok to miss some details. - Izzet researcher
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left Behind
1B
Sorcery - Uncommon
Target opponent sacrifices a creature chosen at random he or she controls.
The explorers didn't even notice that Gorth had disappeared into the swamp until they reached the other side.

Basically it's a Cruel Edict that is better because it can sometimes hit their best creature and still is potentially useful when they have a few cheap creatures out.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mold Rat
GB
Creature - Rat
Common

When Mold Rat enters the battlefield, target player discards a card at random. If a land card is discarded this way, put it onto the battlefield under your control.

1/1
shadowist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynamite RR

Enchantment - (R)

Choose a number between 0-5 at random and reveal the top card of your library. If the revealed card has a converted mana cost equal to the chosen number, sacrifice ~ and ~ deals 5 damage to you. Otherwise, target player gains control of ~. Cards with a converted mana greater than 5 will be treated as a card with a converted mana cost of 5.

Let's light it up like it's... oh wait! It is dynamite! - Squee.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dementia Space | 4BB

Enchantment | Rare

At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice
a creature at random.

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may
roll a 6-sided dice. If you do, you may put
a token onto the battlefield if you rolled a:

One - 1/1 Rat Creature Token
Two - 2/2 Zombie Creature Token
Three - 3/3 Vampire Creature Token
Four - 4/4 Horror Creature Token
Five - 5/5 Demon Creature Token
Six - 6/6 Nightmare Creature Token

I wasn't sure exactly how to word this, but I'm sure I got the general idea across. I modeled this after an Unglued card called Goblin Tutor.

Last edited by Bejeezus on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cards using dices.... hum hum

1/ use the word "random", this CAC is centered on randomness

2/ is clean, simple

3/ the card must be playable in a competitive game but not overpowered, the card must be printable

4/ has a flavourfull design, any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead

5/ be creative, make something new, smart, fun: make me laught (no unhinged card please)
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will judge soon.
You can still add entries or edit entries.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not a lot of entries:

Duodax wrote:
Hearthstone FTW

Tinkmaster Overspark 1UR MYTHIC RARE

Creature - Dwarf Artificer

When Tinkmaster Overspark enters the battlefield, another target creature loses all abilities and becomes a green 1/1 Squirrel creature or a blue 5/5 Drake creature, chosen at random.

2/2
Random 5
Simple 4
Competitive 3
Flavour 5
Creative 5
Total 22
Why is the Drake not flying?
Why the Drake is so powerfull?
The card would be more competitive with a 2/2 flying.
Strid3r wrote:
Young Alchemist 1U

Creature - Rare

As Young Alchemist comes into play, roll a 20-sided die.

On 1, sacrifice Young Alchemist and it deals 1 damage to each creature and player.

If the number is even, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.

If the number is divisible by 3, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it and gains flying.

On 20, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield as a 7/7 Legendary Black Vampire Horror Creature named Frankenstein with flying, trample, haste, lifelink and protection from white.

1/2

If 6, 12 or 18 is rolled, it enters as 3/4 with flying.
Random 2,5
Simple 2
Competitive 5
Flavour 5
Creative 5
Total 19,5
Sorry but I don't see the word random and your card looks too much like a Unglued/Unhinged. Not enought simple/clean.

iSperia wrote:
Innovative Research - 1UR
Sorcery (rare)
Reveal top 4 cards of your library. Your opponent divides that cards into two piles. (Piles may be empty)
Put the pile chosen at random into your hand. Then put the other pile into your graveyard.
In the chase for knowledge, its ok to miss some details. - Izzet researcher
Random 5
Simple 5
Competitive 4
Flavour 5
Creative 5
Total 24
I like this one a lot, maybe not enought powerfull for a rare, instant should have help Wink

sc4rs wrote:
Left Behind
1B
Sorcery - Uncommon
Target opponent sacrifices a creature chosen at random he or she controls.
The explorers didn't even notice that Gorth had disappeared into the swamp until they reached the other side.

Basically it's a Cruel Edict that is better because it can sometimes hit their best creature and still is potentially useful when they have a few cheap creatures out.
Random 5
Simple 5
Competitive 4,5
Flavour 5
Creative 4,5
Total 24
I like this one a lot, not very creative but very usefull.

Canabiest wrote:
Mold Rat
GB
Creature - Rat
Common

When Mold Rat enters the battlefield, target player discards a card at random. If a land card is discarded this way, put it onto the battlefield under your control.

1/1
Random 5
Simple 5
Competitive 5
Flavour 5
Creative 4
Total 24
A better Ravenous Rat, may be a little bit too much powerfull. Imo it should give a one time advantage like "If a land card is discarded this way, add GB to your manapool".
Stucco wrote:
Seal of Chaos..............RRR
Enchantment...............R

Sacrifice Seal of Chaos: Choose heads or tails then flip 3 coins. For each flip that you win, Seal of Chaos deals 2 damage to target player and each creature he or she controls.

The goblins' didn't stand a chance. Their intense desire for random shiny objects combined with their typical clumsiness led to the annihilation of half their warren.
Random 2,5
Simple 4
Competitive 3
Flavour 5
Creative 5
Total 20,5
I'm so sorry, this goblin card could have win with a simpler way to deal damage and if you used the word random as I asked.

shadowist wrote:
Dynamite RR

Enchantment - (R)

Choose a number between 0-5 at random and reveal the top card of your library. If the revealed card has a converted mana cost equal to the chosen number, sacrifice ~ and ~ deals 5 damage to you. Otherwise, target player gains control of ~. Cards with a converted mana greater than 5 will be treated as a card with a converted mana cost of 5.

Let's light it up like it's... oh wait! It is dynamite! - Squee.
Random 5
Simple 3
Competitive 3
Flavour 5
Creative 5
Total 21
This card could have win if you found an easier way to word it and a way to use it in a more competitive way.
Bejeezus wrote:
Dementia Space | 4BB

Enchantment | Rare

At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice
a creature at random.

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may
roll a 6-sided dice. If you do, you may put
a token onto the battlefield if you rolled a:

One - 1/1 Rat Creature Token
Two - 2/2 Zombie Creature Token
Three - 3/3 Vampire Creature Token
Four - 4/4 Horror Creature Token
Five - 5/5 Demon Creature Token
Six - 6/6 Nightmare Creature Token

I wasn't sure exactly how to word this, but I'm sure I got the general idea across. I modeled this after an Unglued card called Goblin Tutor.
Random 5
Simple 2,5
Competitive 3
Flavour 4
Creative 4
Total 18,5
Like I said, dice is not simple. Dice is for Unglued/unhinged card and I asked not to do one.

TOP3:

Winner iSperia
Number 2 Canabiest
Number 3 sc4rs
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you won't have touch the 24 mark with a 5/5 for the randomness
your card was interesting, I would have written it this way:
Quote:
Seal of Chaos..............RRR
Enchantment...............R

Sacrifice Seal of Chaos: Draw three cards then discards three cards at random. Seal of Chaos deals 2 damage to target player and each creature he or she controls for each land discarded this way.

The goblins' didn't stand a chance. Their intense desire for random shiny objects combined with their typical clumsiness led to the annihilation of half their warren.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i probably should have written roll 20-sided die AT RANDOM xD.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a simple and clean design and you use a 20 sided dice: how do you want to win?
You may have used something like this:

Quote:
Young Alchemist 1U

Creature - Rare

As Young Alchemist comes into play, target opponent reveals a card from his or her hand at random. If the card revealed this way is a creature, Young Alchemist enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it and gains flying.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control, T: Search your library for a card named Frankenstein and put it into your hand.
1/2
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2