Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usernames?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Usernames? Reply with quote

Everyone has a username, obviously. How did you come up with yours?

UnBearAble I love puns, and Grizzly Bears. Figured the two together were pretty punny.
Terri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched draft videos on a german site and the guy used the word Terribad when something was bad and it was pretty funny, so i chose terribad. but poeple seemed to laugh about that name so im just Terri now Smile
Strid3r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname is Strider

- because im 195 cm tall.

- because i like striders in stories (Aragorn in Lord of The Rings, Strider in Half-Life 2, etc...)

- from mtg probably Pierce Strider is my favourite strider
aule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stole my name from a god in Tolkein's world.
Fefestars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once opon a time, when I was a kid the girls in my dreamy village gave themselfs nicknames based on their name: If your name is Natalie your nickname is Nana. If your name is Sabine your nickname is Sasa. I think you get it.

Sine my real name is Felix I somehow was called Fefe. So i got the first part of it.

Later on, when we started playing HoN Beta in 2009, we played with a guy, his brother and his sister. Since it requires 5 people to create a clan in HoN - and they were only three - they decided to add a -stars to their nicknames. Effestars, Tinystars and i cant remember the third dudes name. And after a few years I started adding a -stars to my nick (Fefe) in loveley memory of those three.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made mine like 8 years ago for aim (back when that was normal). Well at that time I was a swimmer and a water polo player and a bit of a nerd. Aqualad was a super hero from one of my favorite tv shows teen titans (in which he was voiced by Will Wheaton). Considering how much of my life was spent in the water it was a good fit. As for the 33 part, apparently I'm not the only person who liked that name, 33 was the first repeating digit number I found.

Also I'm always a fan of the underdog, and in the justice league there isn't anyone who's more of an underdog then aquaman who is nearly useless and often the butt of many jokes (in teen titans at least aqualad can control water which is mildly useful). It always made me giggle to think of him going up to batman or superman asking to help.
DrWhooves
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a HUGE fan of Doctor Who, and I used to be a brony (a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic). So I took Dr Who and the fact that ponies have hooves Smile
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I change my name a lot as I get bored of names, though that really started as I was drunk a lot while using magic-league and sad cases use to steal my nicknames due to me making typos whilst entering the command for putting in the nick and I was to lazy to bother getting it back.

Usernames I have used MahmeatyDjiin (or something like that stolen), rathidragon (stolen), uberjeber (stolen), gengis_khan (stolen) trotsky1, tautological, greenbear.
Scuta04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apocalypse was like my coming out party, when I started to win tourneys and cards so it holds a special place in my heart.. and though Phrexian Scuta may not be my favorite card, the name speaks to me.. the 04 is from a childhood of idolizing Brett Favre
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1