Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 228 judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: CaC 228 judged Reply with quote

huntergatsby
Time Grasp - This card hinders yourself. No.

Stucco
Global Domination - Could as well print Armageddon

NearSideMoon
Ignite the Spark - tl;dr.

Domine
Death in Fire - Good idea, but too straight forward I think. The Mythics have in common that they "basically" win, not that they "win". For example, if you have it deal 15 damage, i'd like it much more

thelemys
Grip on the Weak - This card doesn't even win in many cases.

AxiomBlurr
Perfect Flame - I didn't expect users to submit a 1-mana card as submission when the other cards from the cycle are 7, 6 and 8 mana.

pseudodespot
Rage God's Selection - This could easily be a normal rare.

Dr_Moo
Earth Scorcher - creature doesn't complete a non-creature cycle

ShamedShadow
Fury of the Hordes already exists:
fury of the Horde {5RR} |Sorcery| You may exile two red cards from your hand rather than pay Fury of the Horde's mana cost. / Untap all creatures that attacked this turn. After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.
Other than that, this feels much like Path of Bravery which is a regular rare only.

Canabiest
Unfair Gravity - I like this idea for a card, but i don't see it at mythic.
Activated abilities your opponent controls with the tap or untap symbol in its activation cost can't be activated unless the permanent has been under that player's control continously since his or her most recent turn began. *that would be right template I think.

UnBearAble
Roulette Tutor - Doesn't win the game, not even close

iSperia
Master of Fire - creature doesn't complete a non-creature cycle

Mr_Weebles
World Traveler - creature doesn't complete a non-creature cycle

---

leaves the better submissions

sc4rs
Phantom Army
- If you suddenly have that many creatures, you will very likely win.

GreenBear
Rise of the Phantasmal Bears
- If you suddenly have that many creatures, you will very likely win.

ck3gds
Merciless Barrage
- When you resolve this card, your opponent is under a merciless barrage. He might get out of it, but any move will punish him hard. It's a card that makes it very likely but not obvious that you win.

All of the 3 better submissions have the inevitably I was looking for. The opponent suddenly faces a huge threat.
Rise of the Phantasmal Bear is I believe too cheap, so I have to decided between sc4rs and ck3gds.

In the end, I give the the win to ck3gds with Merciless Barrage. When it is, sc4rs Phantom Army does win, but it's not always good.

Winner

ck3gds
Merciless Barrage 5RR
Enchantment (mythic)
Whenever a land an opponent controls becomes tapped, Merciless Barrage deals 1 damage to that player.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, Merciless Barrage deals damage to that player and each creature he or she controls equal to that spell's converted mana cost.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my card is only mythic because it changes a fundamental rule of the game. It has not that impressive an effect in the end. Casual fodder I guess.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and congrats ck3gds. I thought when I saw your card that it needed to cost 8 instead of 7 considering it basically boardwipes them whenever they cast a spell, but regardless it's a super cool effect for a mythic enchantment. Well done.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, taking over all token, Tarmo, Delver, non ramp WW deck, Faeries, Elves, Merfolk... is not enought to win?

I find it a little bit hard. But you are the judge: you're right.

I have put the 3CC limit in order to make a more balanced card, you think the card should have been?

Quote:
Grip Everyone 4UUU
Sorcery RM
Gain control of each creature on the battlefield.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I agree my card is overpowered looking at it now 7 mana would have been more appropriate I think.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
Thanks and congrats ck3gds. I thought when I saw your card that it needed to cost 8 instead of 7 considering it basically boardwipes them whenever they cast a spell, but regardless it's a super cool effect for a mythic enchantment. Well done.

I had the same thought.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
Ok, taking over all token, Tarmo, Delver, non ramp WW deck, Faeries, Elves, Merfolk... is not enought to win?

I find it a little bit hard. But you are the judge: you're right.

I have put the 3CC limit in order to make a more balanced card, you think the card should have been?

Quote:
Grip Everyone 4UUU
Sorcery RM
Gain control of each creature on the battlefield.

I think Blatant Thievery is a well-costed card. "Gain control of each creature" might need to cost 6UU
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blatant Thievery is clearly a multiplayer card for me. In a 1on1 game it's not very powerfull.

I tried to do a card effective in both 1on1 and multiplayer. Not easy and not your taste: no prob.

Go next Smile
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't judge mine :/

The name might have sounded like a joke, but I felt like the effect fit the cycle perfectly.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1