Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 221 (judged now, go next)


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Author Message
Thelemys



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 910

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: CAC 221 (judged now, go next) Reply with quote

Guys, I won last CAC with a two-colors creature card that has a symmetric ability.



So, in this CAC I ask you to make a card that :

1/ will affect every player in a game and that you could use at your advantage.

2/ wil be a two-colors creature.

3/ Not overpowered and printable.

4/ Flavourfull.

5/ Any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead.

Good luck!


Last edited by Thelemys on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
iSperia
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 238

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm Invoker - UR
Creature - Human Wizard (rare)
Whenever a player cats instant or sorcery spell, creatures that player controls get +1/+0
Izzets may transform excesses of mana into pure energy
2/1

Easy to explain - gain advantage if you got lots of sorceries and instants. But be careful to balance creatures and spells in deck to get this advantage )
Back to top
pseudodespot



Joined: 08 May 2011
Posts: 496

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardas, Center of Essence 1GW

Legendary Creature - Treefolk Shaman (mythic)

At the beginning of each player's upkeep each player gains 1 life for each other player.

Some say, the fountain of youth can't be found, cause it is moving.

0/4
Back to top
_Godica



Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 254

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threshold Smasher 2RB

Creature -- Demon (Rare)

Haste, First Strike

When Threshold Smasher enters the battlefield, discard your hand.

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Threshold Smasher deals 3 damage to them unless they have 7 or more cards in their graveyard.

3/3

Legend says it cannot pass through a doorway unless invited. Legend is wrong.

Typical Rakdos-y creature. Inspired by Lovecraft both in name and in the idea that consorting with demons leads to madness. I wanted to make a mechanic that was the opposite of threshold, but couldn't find a good word for it -- and mechanics need good keywords.[/i]
Back to top
huntergatsby



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ucric, Lobotomy Expert 3UB

Legendary Creature-Human Wizard (MR)

When Ucric, Lobotomy Expert comes into play, exile all non land cards from each graveyard. Each player reveals their hands and libraries and exiles all cards with the same name as cards exiled this way.

4/4

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
Back to top
DavidChaos



Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serpent of the Storm - 2WU
Creature - Snake (Rare)
Flying
All other creatures gain "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, return this creature to its owner's hand."
2/3

I decided to go with a very strong defensive card that is both an evasive threat and, in the theme of this challenge, doubled as a card with a global effect you could use to your advantage in a defensive way.
Back to top
ShamedShadow



Joined: 09 May 2010
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godmarked Deceiver WB

Creature - Human Cleric [Rare]

Creatures can't die. (They cannot be put into their owner's graveyard as a result of damage or "destroy" effects.)

"And when he spoke to me, he spoke of a land where life truly is eternal!"

2/2
Back to top
Domine



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invoker of Harmony 1GW

Creature - Human Druid

Enchantment spells cost 3 less to play.

"Magic and nature are not unlike the river and the sea, one goes to the other"

2/2

Rare
Back to top
AxiomBlurr



Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 411

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yardbrary Troll 2BUG

Creature - Troll - Rare

Each player's graveyard becomes his or her library and each player's library becomes his or her graveyard.

4/4

'Now gather round children, let us all read this skull together.'- Ungert to his class.
Back to top
Canabiest



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 367

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakdos Familiar
{B/R}{B/R}
Creature - Goat
Common

Trample
Red spells cost B less to cast.
Black spells cost R less to cast.

2/2




Would be a cycle of course.
Back to top
sc4rs



Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 859

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chizzernikl
UR
Creature - Weird - Rare
Flying
Creatures with toughness greater than their power have flying.
(U/R), T: Switch target creature's power and toughness until end of turn.
1/2
How do they fly? How do you stay on the ground?" -Izzet researcher
Back to top
Thelemys



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 910

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1/ will affect every player in a game and that you could use at your advantage.

2/ wil be a two-colors creature.

3/ Not overpowered and printable.

4/ Flavourfull.

5/ Any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead.


My humble opinion:

iSperia 10/10 Perfect like a Delver

pseudodespot 7,5/10 Wording is a bit "heavy", I like the multiplayer theme

_Godica 7/10 I No perfect equality here, too powerfull for graveyard deck

huntergastsby 9/10 Haunting Echoes on a body needs a highest CC IMHO, even if everyone is affected

DavidChaos 8/10 IMHO the effect should affect Serpent of the Storm either, I like the "dread-blue effect"

Stucco 7/10 I like the "movement"

ShamedShadow 6,5/10 effect is really interesting, IMHO more balanced with a 2WB CC and a 3/1 corps (need to be killed with a -1/-1 effect and defending player needa chance of DoJ)

Domine 7/10 IMHO 3 is a lot, 2 would be more balanced like in Mana Matrix

Mr_Weebles 8/10 simple, effective BUT would be better IMHO with T: Each player shuffles their library

AxiomBlurr 6,5/10 This card needs 1/ a reverse effect when the troll dies 2/ a 6 or 7 casting cost 3/2 colors creatures where needed Wink

Canabiest 6/10 Concept is good, I love it, but too much for a common, trample is not needed, 2/1 + can't block + limited to sorcery or instant or creature ... IMHO

sc4rs 9/10 why? why not just the first hability? a perfect Doran U+R


Winner iSperia runner up = huntergastsby and sc4rs

iSperia wrote:
Storm Invoker - UR
Creature - Human Wizard (rare)
Whenever a player cats instant or sorcery spell, creatures that player controls get +1/+0
Izzets may transform excesses of mana into pure energy
2/1

Easy to explain - gain advantage if you got lots of sorceries and instants. But be careful to balance creatures and spells in deck to get this advantage )
pseudodespot wrote:
Mardas, Center of Essence 1GW

Legendary Creature - Treefolk Shaman (mythic)

At the beginning of each player's upkeep each player gains 1 life for each other player.

Some say, the fountain of youth can't be found, cause it is moving.

0/4
_Godica wrote:
Threshold Smasher 2RB

Creature -- Demon (Rare)

Haste, First Strike

When Threshold Smasher enters the battlefield, discard your hand.

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Threshold Smasher deals 3 damage to them unless they have 7 or more cards in their graveyard.

3/3

Legend says it cannot pass through a doorway unless invited. Legend is wrong.

Typical Rakdos-y creature. Inspired by Lovecraft both in name and in the idea that consorting with demons leads to madness. I wanted to make a mechanic that was the opposite of threshold, but couldn't find a good word for it -- and mechanics need good keywords.[/i]
huntergatsby wrote:
Ucric, Lobotomy Expert 3UB

Legendary Creature-Human Wizard (MR)

When Ucric, Lobotomy Expert comes into play, exile all non land cards from each graveyard. Each player reveals their hands and libraries and exiles all cards with the same name as cards exiled this way.

4/4

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
DavidChaos wrote:
Serpent of the Storm - 2WU
Creature - Snake (Rare)
Flying
All other creatures gain "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, return this creature to its owner's hand."
2/3

I decided to go with a very strong defensive card that is both an evasive threat and, in the theme of this challenge, doubled as a card with a global effect you could use to your advantage in a defensive way.
Stucco wrote:
Golgari Germinator........................GBB
Creature - Zombie Troll..................R

Whenever a player casts a creature spell, that player sacrifices a creature.

Whenever a player sacrifices a creature, that player returns another target creature card from their graveyard to their hand.

Golgari Rotfarms: Going "green" before Savra was queen.

3/3
ShamedShadow wrote:
Godmarked Deceiver WB

Creature - Human Cleric [Rare]

Creatures can't die. (They cannot be put into their owner's graveyard as a result of damage or "destroy" effects.)

"And when he spoke to me, he spoke of a land where life truly is eternal!"

2/2
Domine wrote:
Invoker of Harmony 1GW

Creature - Human Druid

Enchantment spells cost 3 less to play.

"Magic and nature are not unlike the river and the sea, one goes to the other"

2/2

Rare
Mr_Weebles wrote:
Fortune Teller - UB
Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)

Players play with the top card of their library revealed.

Tap: Target player shuffles their library.

1/1
AxiomBlurr wrote:
Yardbrary Troll 2BUG

Creature - Troll - Rare

Each player's graveyard becomes his or her library and each player's library becomes his or her graveyard.

4/4

'Now gather round children, let us all read this skull together.'- Ungert to his class.
Canabiest wrote:
Rakdos Familiar
{B/R}{B/R}
Creature - Goat
Common

Trample
Red spells cost B less to cast.
Black spells cost R less to cast.

2/2




Would be a cycle oaf course.
sc4rs wrote:
Chizzernikl
UR
Creature - Weird - Rare
Flying
Creatures with toughness greater than their power have flying.
(U/R), T: Switch target creature's power and toughness until end of turn.
1/2
How do they fly? How do you stay on the ground?" -Izzet researcher
Back to top
Thelemys



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 910

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really SORRY Dr_Moo! I missed your card, don't know how.

Your card was really interesting. More WU than WG IMHO, you would had a 9/10 and the flavour was fantastic.
Back to top
pseudodespot



Joined: 08 May 2011
Posts: 496

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wording is necessary to make the card work as intended. 2 life per turn in a 1on1 would be too much. So I reduced it to total players minus one. A very elegant solution in terms of playability and a reasonable in terms of reading experience.
Back to top
Thelemys



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 910

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, I did my best.
Judge here are never perfect.


If iSperia don't create the next CAC, please huntergastsby and sc4rs feel free doing it.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy