Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lazav copying Kamigawa flipped cards

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will still have the shapeshifting ability and Hexproof.

Quote:
709.1c ..... changes to it by external effects will still apply.
jdblack

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built my first EDH deck, and this guy is my commander. Smile Anyway, this came up -

1. Lazav quasi-copied Dark Imposter.
2. Lazav exiled a creature & gained an activated ability.

We decided that if Lazav copies something else, he loses the imprinted ability. But then we noticed the text says "Dark Imposter has all activated abilities...", and Lazav is not named Dark Imposter. Does Lazav gain those abilities while he is a Dark Imposter?
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the card is irrelevant here. Anytime a card refers to itself by name it simply means "this object." So the ability functions as "[This object] has all activated abilities of all creature cards exiled with it."
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1