Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naya's Dark Dreams

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
poizonous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Naya's Dark Dreams Reply with quote

Lands

2 [RTR] Temple Garden
2 [M10] Sunpetal Grove
4 [GTC] Stomping Ground
4 [M13] Rootbound Crag
1 [DKA] Vault of the Archangel
4 [RTR] Overgrown Tomb
4 [RTR] Blood Crypt
2 [GTC] Sacred Foundry
1 [ISD] Kessig Wolf Run

Creatures

3 [AVR] Restoration Angel
4 [DKA] Huntmaster of the Fells/Ravager of the Fells
3 [M13] Thragtusk
2 [GTC] Boros Reckoner
4 [M13] Arbor Elf
2 [ISD] Olivia Voldaren
2 [RTR] Loxodon Smiter
1 [GTC] Aurelia, the Warleader
1 [M13] Thundermaw Hellkite

Spells

2 [DKA] Lingering Souls
4 [M13] Farseek
2 [ISD] Liliana of the Veil
2 [RTR] Ultimate Price
2 [AVR] Bonfire of the Damned
1 [GTC] Domri Rade
1 [M13] Garruk, Primal Hunter

Sideboard
1 [AVR] Bonfire of the Damned
2 [ISD] Garruk Relentless/Garruk, the Veil-Cursed
2 [M13] Elixir of Immortality
2 [ISD] Sever the Bloodline
2 [RTR] Rest in Peace
1 [AVR] Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
2 [ISD] Witchbane Orb
2 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
1 [M13] Akroma's Memorial

Mana base is pretty well rounded as I have not come across a situation where I was in dire need of a different land on the field.
Vault of the Archangel and Kessig I run as 1 of's since a lot of creatures do actually require specific colors and i do not want to screw myself in the later game.

Creatures - This is where I have been bouncing around a lot. Trying to find the perfect mix of Naya and Jund creatures has not been easy, but after tons of testing and a 1st place FNM finish, I am quite pleased with the creature base I am running. I recently replace Falkenrath with Olivia and that has proved to be a huge improvement as Falkenrath has not fit in well in previous tests.

Spells - mostly referring to Planeswalkers. The coexistence of Liliana Domri and Garruk is a beautiful synergy. Having those 3 of the field against esper or bant control is almost assuring your victory as they will most likely all hit their ultimate.

The only deck online that has been giving me any problems is American Aggro (Geist Deck Wins). Mostly a RDW splashing Boros and Geist. It is insanely fast and very lethal, thankfully I do not see it becoming a major decklist as most American users prefer the midrange approach

I am open to opinions and suggestions but please do not just simply say "Take this out and put this in" details reasons would be appreciated
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your a few white sources short on your mana, replacing arbor elf with pilgrim should fix this.
poizonous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hurts turn 2 liliana sometimes as most of the time I only have 1 black source (overgrown tomb) on field and arbor elf helps get liliana out faster
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1