Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copying a copy of an epic spell

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
llamatron2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your card says "copy target spell on the stack" I don't see why not, but the Echo Mage says "Target an instant or sorcery spell".

I DO know that this reads as: Echo Mages ability must be used "In response" to something, aka something on the stack.

I don't know if that means it targets a physical spell triggered from being cast, or a spell on the stack.

So... during upkeep...

"In response to that spell on the stack, I copy that spell on the stack"?

Maybe? I duno.

Anyone else know?
pg8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic: For the rest of the game, you canít cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.

In your first upkeep after casting Enduring Ideal, you put a copy of Enduring Ideal on the stack. However, that copy does not have Epic. So, if you copy that copy with Echo Mage, you won't copy it again in subsequent upkeeps. You'll only get one copy each upkeep as a result of Epic.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1