Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Description of the format: 4 Pack Sealed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Description of the format: 4 Pack Sealed Reply with quote

4 Pack Sealed

The rules for 4 Pack Sealed are as follows:

Sealed Packs:

Each player recieves 4 packs of the announced types. These can all be from one set or a mix of sets. In the announcement on the homepage, it will list "TST" as a pack. This will be an empty pack and allows us to run these events.

Deck construction:

The minimum deck size for this format is 30 cards. Just like any other sealed, you use the product you open to build your deck. It is precisely the same as normal sealed, just you receive 4 packs of cards and build a minimum 30 card deck. There is no maximum deck size.

Play rules:
Minimum deck size is 30. No other special rules apply.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXX as the pack shortcut would have been fine too.
Anyway, great option, lets see how it fares.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this format is terrible, the only reason it exists on mol is because ppl are happy paying only 4 boosters to play sealed, this makes no sense on ml. Still, maybe someone enjoys it so why not...
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree, I played it once and my only option to build was a very mediocre gw deck cause it was the only colours i had enough playable in to make a deck.

Then i got paired r1 vs an absolutely horrendous player with flameblast dragon and sun titan but managed to win because of how horrible he was. Then I lost R2 to a not quite as horrendus player with a garruk, then lost r3 to a royal assassin I had no answers to at all. Very bomb orrientated format due to how small the card pool and deck size is.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1